For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 5, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #18,211 of 21,379
IMG_6775.jpeg
Ryuichi Sakamoto - async immersion 2023

QuietSea / RU7 / Qobuz

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #18,212 of 21,379
HD650/ XLR
IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg
Great album, produced by T-Bone Burnett. Burnett often hires Jay Bellerose, who plays on this album, as the drummer for certain albmus he produces. Bellerose has been influenced by blues and jazz, and his sound is in part derived from his vintage 1940s Slingerland Rolling Bomber kit. He often performs with shakers strapped to his ankles. He often uses a shallow 32-inch bass drum & you’ll notice, no hi-hat cymbals. Bellerose brings a different ‘feel’ and sound to the album with his unique style of playing.

I've never understood how he managed to sound so fluid with his kit set up that way. I've tried setting up one of my vintage big band sets this way and it's such an awkward feel for me. That aside, Jay Bellerose is a freakin' beast behind the skins. I came up as a session drummer and he's one of those legends the rest of the session guys talk about. It's awesome seeing him get some love on here! 👍😎

Now for the topical part of my post: Currently running the Audeze LCD-4s off of the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack with the Schiit Yggy decoding all the bits and pieces.

On deck in the queue is the 2020 remaster of Falling Satellites by Frost*. This is one of those albums that does a great job capturing space and atmosphere and imparting that to the listener through the music/mix. I love the way Frost* incorporates dynamic contrast as a musical device to setup time changes and thematic shifts. It's something you don't hear everyday in modern rock genres that seem to have developed a phobia to softer sounds and even silence existing as part of the songwriting. Personally, I dig it. 🤘😎

600x600bf-60.jpg

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #18,213 of 21,379
Hisenior T4 + Tempotec V3

1000027873.jpg

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #18,214 of 21,379
JRiver MC (PC) >> Schiit Modi Multibit >> Schiit Vali 2 (mullard 6DJ8) >> Grado RS-1x :L3000:

housesoftheholy.jpg

Houses of the Holy (2014 24/96 Reissue) by Led Zeppelin - I'm sitting here thinking back to the interminable wait for this album to be released back in 1973, I apparently had very little patience back then, checking the music papers every week for some news that was never there. I also remember hating The Crunge and D'yer Mak'er when I finally got to hear it, though it has to be said, they didn't make it obvious that they were both done for a laugh. I fell instantly in love with No Quarter though, the atmosphere was practically throwing lightning bolts off the vinyl, one of the best tracks they ever recorded. Led Zeppelin really do sound incredible through Grados, the added crunch to Page's guitar is something special and Bonzo's drums just sound so alive. :darthsmile:

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #18,218 of 21,379
Qobuz=>Yggy GS2 => V222 => Clear OG (Bal)

1709645310258.png

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #18,220 of 21,379
The big New Wave playlist just spooled this by me:

Love the Art of Noise, and will probably go on a big binge of them once this playlist is done.

The Jot/Modius pair does them justice and lets you hear all the detail they so carefully packed into the recording.

CD Rips to Ogg Vorbis->PC->Modius->Lokius->Jotunheim 2->AKG K701->my head - the K701s are proving to be as or more comfortable than the DT990's and quickly becoming a favorite. We'll see if I'm brave enough to try and hack it to balanced.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #18,222 of 21,379
1001 Albums
Day 2
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell (2003)
Szalayi / RU7 / iPhone 15 PM / Qobuz
IMG_6778.jpeg

New formatting time!

This is much, much more my tempo than RHCP on day 1… as an EDM fan, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were always just the Heads Will Roll people to me, I hate that song just from the sheer amount of remixes/sets I have heard it in but!… this is a great album, i need to check out the rest. Bombastic and fun.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Side note, i need to remember to download these before i leave the house.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #18,224 of 21,379
Relisten
Peter Talisman - Lord of the Harvest
Szalayi / RU7 / iPhone 15 PM / Qobuz
IMG_6782.jpeg

Peter Talisman is a project collaboration between the producers Samuel Organ and Slugabed. Layering elements of folk and indie into lush digital soundscapes inspired by their other work in electronic/club music, this is a true mashup of folk electronic music, without being a joke. If you are a fan of the weird and wonderful, this is a very fun adventure into the abyss of an analog and digital musical world.

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Favorite tracks - We Have To Leave This Town Because I Have Done Something Unforgivable, One For The Road, Ley U Down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back