for metal : jvc dx700 or sr225i
Dec 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nubiz

New Head-Fier
    I plan to buy sr225i (256 usd in my country) on this monday but i found dx700 just  (300 usd) then i research about it and found nothing about metal it's only says good for all music. but I'm not sure about it ,So I start this tread for ask ur guys to help me out
Is it worth it to pay more 50 usd ?? Anyway, my pmp is sony s-series

ps . sorry for my bad english (I'm from Thailand , we dont use much of english)

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 8
never heard the dx700 but i own dx1000 and sr325..i prefer dx1000 for metal ( i listen power,prog,symphonic metal) the jvc has much better sounstage,impact,fullness and smooth sound with roll off treble which i found really helps for most metal recording where it just too shrill for grado ( i listen at loud volume)...though for some i recording i really like how electric guitar sounds with grado...

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 8
thank for comment
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 8
i dont mean to derail your intentions, but everything ive read has steered me towards the idea that the sr-225 isnt worth the price increase over a set of sr-80's.

I used to own a pair of rs-2's and they were the best metal headphones ive heard.

I have a pair of sr-80i's coming in on monday or tuesday from headroom, and would be more than willing to give you a first impression as i listen to mainly metal, and all kinds of it (im sure i could even listen to the stuff you listen to if you wanted for an impression :p)

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 8
Haven't heard DX700, but...

You can buy SR225(i) used for a good deal less than $256, possibly even $150 if you look hard enough and don't care whether it's the i or non-i version (there's minor SQ difference). And yes, there are people who do ship international.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #8 of 8
Grados are awesome for metal, I can't speak from experience for the dx700s but I do know that the Grados won't disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back