For around (or under) $100, you'd buy...
May 10, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #32 of 36
wooooooooops! that's what i get for responding to the subject title, not the post! in fact, i just got a tube tester myself for that price, which doesn't answer your question...

so for home use, get an Alessandro MS-1. for portable open use, either a Koss KSC-75 or Sennheiser PX100, and a closed can use an AKG K81DJ. See? Most of the can manufacturers represented, i'm not being biased!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken B. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, If the KSC75 lacked a little in the lower bass regions, and the UR40's diminished the mids and highs, what should I look to as an equal to the KSC75's brilliance and clarity, but getting more tight deep bass? I'm thinking of something $100 or less. Should I just go back to my original list?

Alessandro MS-1.

They are within your budget, the sound quality will meet (and more than likely exceed) your criteria, and it is highly unlikely that you will do better for $100 or less.

Just know that they provide zero isolation.

May 11, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #35 of 36
Hey Ken, regarding your Koss experimentations: the answer seems simple, get the PortaPro. Version of the same driver as the KSC and UR40, very similar to KSC-75 sound, but with more bass, largely the result of the headband pushing the drivers a little closer to the ear. Should be exactly what you're looking for. And they're cheap, so you can grab them and start saving up for your equations or beyers. And even when you do upgrade, it's always good to have a PortaPro sitting around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back