For any given budget.... dynamic or planar magnetic headphone?
Sep 2, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 33
Or you can try electrostatic, Drop Koss ESP/95X for $499 on Koss site...

Edit: sorry, out of stock on Drop and Koss sites.

Sep 2, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #32 of 33
I Am wondering now if it makes sense to have a good open dynamic headphone, a good closed one and a planar one, all around the same price...
This is similar to what I have decided to do. Aeolus as my open dynamic, LCD-X for open planar, and T60 argon for closed planar. I have a TR-X00 Ebony as a closed dynamic, but I think I only really need one closed back so it’ll probably go.
Im not sure if Planar are better than dynamic or vise versa at a certain price point. They both have their trade offs and I think it’s just more of a personal preference for most people.

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #33 of 33
This is similar to what I have decided to do. Aeolus as my open dynamic, LCD-X for open planar, and T60 argon for closed planar. I have a TR-X00 Ebony as a closed dynamic, but I think I only really need one closed back so it’ll probably go.
Im not sure if Planar are better than dynamic or vise versa at a certain price point. They both have their trade offs and I think it’s just more of a personal preference for most people.
I really really enjoy the speed and accuracy of the Arya, it feels like they took an HD800S, gave it some bass and made the imaging even more accurate, but stage width was sacrificed in the process. I think it´s a great tradeoff, and I´m listening more with the HD800S to figure out its purpose in my very small collection already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back