For 6AS7G tube rollers here .....
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #9,332 of 9,574
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #9,334 of 9,574
Aug 29, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #9,335 of 9,574
Didnt know this seller , its reliable ? 👌
In general langrex is good, but I've received faulty tubes with them never responding to me for a replacement or refund. They're the only game in town with a reliable stock of certain tubes so you gotta just hope for the best. If something goes wrong, I think you're more likey to get a response if you buy from their eBay store and you don't mind paying extra for tax (at least we do in WA state). Most of tubes I've purchased from them are fine though.

Aug 29, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #9,336 of 9,574
In general langrex is good, but I've received faulty tubes with them never responding to me for a replacement or refund. They're the only game in town with a reliable stock of certain tubes so you gotta just hope for the best. If something goes wrong, I think you're more likey to get a response if you buy from their eBay store and you don't mind paying extra for tax (at least we do in WA state). Most of tubes I've purchased from them are fine though.
I had one scenario where I bought a set of GEC 6J5GT straight bottles. One arrived with a hum that wouldn’t go away. Before I even inquired they had one on the way to replace it. It could also be that they had a decent stock or making good profit on them, etc.

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #9,337 of 9,574
I had one scenario where I bought a set of GEC 6J5GT straight bottles. One arrived with a hum that wouldn’t go away. Before I even inquired they had one on the way to replace it. It could also be that they had a decent stock or making good profit on them, etc.
Same issue with same tube type from them and they also sent me a new one quickly. Can't remember if it was direct or on ebay. The nice thing buying from ebay is you get a tracking number, which they've never provided when buying direct. I've been pleased with everything i've bought from them including those Mullards. Though their Thompson 6080 are even better if they still have them, as are the GEC. Mullards are still great though too.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #9,338 of 9,574
Didnt know this seller , its reliable ? 👌
I've got a set of those from Langrex.
Super quiet and work perfect.

I don't rank Mullard 6080 tho. Too clinical for my taste.
I like wooley and loose :gs1000smile:

Aug 31, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #9,340 of 9,574
I just posted a pair of GEC 6080's in classified as I bought several years ago and no longer have a compatible amp. Surprised by test data as I bought them NOS and barely used but one has to have integrity, so retested and now test good but not a perfect matched NOS pair. Anyway, wanted the thread to have 1st dibs / heads up. Let me know if interested.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #9,341 of 9,574
Ditto with GEC L63.
Ditto here with Brimar Footscray CV455. I've purchased probably 70 or 80 tubes from Langrex over the years and this was only the second time I had a problem. Bought direct (not Ebay), but got a response to my email very quickly that a replacement tube was on the way with no need to return the bad one in both cases. Can't ask for more than that. Buying from Ebay sellers (not referring to Langrex) I've been fortunate to have way, way more good experiences than bad. But the bad ones I've had usually require getting Ebay involved to get a refund as the sellers wouldn't own up to it or do anything on their own.

Sep 3, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #9,342 of 9,574
I've had great experiences buying tubes from eBay sellers. As long as they have a high feedback rating and a high volume of feedback it will probably be fine. Their feedback ratings are worth a lot to them. I've bought a few dozen tubes and only had to message the sellers a couple of times. Sometimes you just get a tube that makes a hum and that's always been an instant refund in my experience. One seller even sent a replacement instead of a refund but I think that was actually an Etsy seller. They never asked me to send one back either.

I've also noticed that sometimes companies have the same tubes from their websites listed on eBay at a lower price

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #9,343 of 9,574
I have bought several times from Langrex and only have good experiences. In addition, their postage is very reasonable compared to some other UK sellers.
Had a problem once with a pair of bad tubes but they were promptly replaced without any hassle.

Sep 7, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #9,344 of 9,574
I have a Tung-Sol 7236 acting up on me.
It crackles on startup and I see sparks in the tube and then settles down once it warms up.
The sound went through the headphones too but they are fine, thank god I didn’t blow a driver.
Is it time to toss this tube or will resoldering the pins help here?

Sep 7, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #9,345 of 9,574
I have a Tung-Sol 7236 acting up on me.
It crackles on startup and I see sparks in the tube and then settles down once it warms up.
The sound went through the headphones too but they are fine, thank god I didn’t blow a driver.
Is it time to toss this tube or will resoldering the pins help here?
I would reflow/replace the solder and test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back