For 6AS7G tube rollers here .....
Apr 13, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #8,581 of 9,589
I would look for a screw that would fit tight , screw it in and pull the whole assembly out . Only issue would be if you screw it too hard it will expand the post and jam it in harder
Yup, similar to the stick idea but with the biting of a wood screw - and yes I can imagine a too tight fit working against itself...I don't have any wood screws... there might be some laying around somewhere.

Likely as not a trip to HomeDepot will need to happen, unless it just drops out with a little nudging.

Was waiting for rubber insulated gloves, but I don't have the right size, so need to get those too.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #8,582 of 9,589
It might drop out, I didn't try that. It seemed in there pretty tight though, I did try bumping it on the edges before trying to pull it out - it's not moving or loose, but I'll try turning it over and induce looseness...

That is what I thought would work too, a thin nose pliers... unfortunately my tool kit with various needle nose pliers is elsewhere, and the spare kits I have here - don't come with a pliers kit - only those 3 tweezers, and pry tools. I may be able to use some straight rod / bit's to leverage it out from the inside of the post. Even sticking in only one tine of a pliers with it's serrations on one side should have enough grip to pull it loose.

The tube only cost me $30, so I'm not out that much, but it might be worth the practice for when I have a more valuable tube to fix. If the tube had worked ok - without the presistent buzzing - I might be more inclined to save it - but who knows - perhaps a better bottom fitted on will fix that buzzing problem too.

It looks easy enough :)
1649899429500.png

Here is a view of the TA-26 PCB outside of the case, the raised socket on the front edge of the board is the 6SN7 socket, and the socket in the "middle" of the board is the 6AS7G socket, the one with the stuck center post:
Xduoo-Ta-26-Internals-Top.jpg
Photo Courtesy of @Wiljen https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-amplifiers.682282/post-16524655

It might be the 2D perspective, but that socket doesn't look very deep and it doesn't look like the motherboard has a matching Hole in it to accomodate a long center post. I wonder if that might be the source of the problems I've had with the first two FAA-6080WB tubes not seating well? I wonder if a tall socket saver might be helpful in fitting 6080's properly before inserting in the TA-26 socket?

Looks like there is a hole at the bottom of the socket through the PC board. So if you could get to the bottom, you could easily push it out with a small screwdriver.

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #8,583 of 9,589
Well, a combination of all of these suggestions is what worked :)

I was able to use a stick - various tool probes - to pop up the post a bit, then I used a Boker Knife built-in "pliers-wrench" to grab the now accessible edge and... the edges kept breaking off...

So I went to find a "bit" that I could fit into the broken post without making the post lodge tighter, and the weight of the device pushed the broken post all the way to the bottom of the socket post hole...

Then I found a wide enough inverted hex socket that fit /grabbed the broken post from the inside, and twisted the post right then left, and that counter clockwise motion dislodged the broken post!

I then tipped the TA-26 over and tapped the bottom and the post popped out onto the table!
Thanks to all of you!! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #8,584 of 9,589
Get a plastic or metal rod or stick of some sort that's about half the diameter of the guide pin, and some Krazy Glue. Glue the stick (carefully!) to the center of the guide post, give it plenty of time to thoroughly dry (even though Krazy Glue is supposed to be "instant" sometimes it's not), and then pull it straight up and out.

This is the best method if we can't pull the broken guide pin out from above using needle nose pliers or can't push it out from below using screwdriver.

Apr 14, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #8,585 of 9,589
Well, a combination of all of these suggestions is what worked :)

I was able to use a stick - various tool probes - to pop up the post a bit, then I used a Boker Knife built-in "pliers-wrench" to grab the now accessible edge and... the edges kept breaking off...

So I went to find a "bit" that I could fit into the broken post without making the post lodge tighter, and the weight of the device pushed the broken post all the way to the bottom of the socket post hole...

Then I found a wide enough inverted hex socket that fit /grabbed the broken post from the inside, and twisted the post right then left, and and that counter clockwise motion dislodged the broken post!

I then tipped the TA-26 over and tapped the bottom and the post popped out onto the table!
Thanks to all of you!! :beerchug:
All is well that ends well! I know the crummy feeling when you can’t use your equipment and can’t listen…

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #8,588 of 9,589
Just got a Bottlehead Crack used with a ton of tubes. Only used hybrid tube amps til today. Using a 6080WC my mind was blown. Loading in the coke bottle tung-sol 6sn7 and tung-sol 6sn7 GTB (russia)... hopefully I'll be blown away again any minute now.
Which headphones you are using ?

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #8,589 of 9,589
Just got a Bottlehead Crack used with a ton of tubes. Only used hybrid tube amps til today. Using a 6080WC my mind was blown. Loading in the coke bottle tung-sol 6sn7 and tung-sol 6sn7 GTB (russia)... hopefully I'll be blown away again any minute now.
Hope you will survive the blow 😜

Apr 20, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #8,590 of 9,589
Apr 20, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #8,591 of 9,589
Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #8,592 of 9,589
Sorry to break it out for you but this am non-curable open end medical case we are all in, we always find a new reason to buy more gear 😁😁
Speak for yourself. I quit buying tubes nearly 38 minutes ago. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 21, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #8,595 of 9,589
Speak for yourself. I quit buying tubes nearly 38 minutes ago. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
You will have to be stripped from all your credit cards and exchange your "classical" singers and "romantic" songs taste you normally listen to with this 😜😜😜
Maybe the next step to recovery would be buying some Orange outfit instead of the black leather style 😆😆😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back