For 6AS7G tube rollers here .....
Nov 1, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #6,151 of 9,577
I was watching the Marshall tube, but passed on it after seeing the key-way was broken off.

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #6,152 of 9,577
I was watching the Marshall tube, but passed on it after seeing the key-way was broken off.
Next time I have to replace one I will show you my method, and this does not involve an adapter.

Nov 1, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #6,153 of 9,577

Never hurts to have a few of these in the parts bin...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pcs-Vacu...115670?hash=item236ccb4316:g:QtIAAOSwacdZbjxB

1604259562875.png

Nov 1, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #6,154 of 9,577
Next time I have to replace one I will show you my method, and this does not involve an adapter.

Well, you could break one off of an octal tube in your extensive GE stash and show us.. Worst case is that you'd break the tube, which is in reality the best case. LOL!

Nov 1, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #6,155 of 9,577
Well, you could break one off of an octal tube in your extensive GE stash and show us.. Worst case is that you'd break the tube, which is in reality the best case. LOL!
Ok now I know TWO ways to fix it.:ksc75smile:

By the way I no longer refer to those tubes as GE.

I call them Winner, Winner @bcowen pays for steak and wine dinner! (I bought some in order to win a bet with some guy from North Carolina.)

They are priceless. :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #6,156 of 9,577
Nov 1, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #6,157 of 9,577
I was not sure these existed but I have some Svetlana winged C's held for me in Russia, NIB from 1958 and 1959. Nothing unusual right? Well these are not 6H5C, they are 6H13C's that I have only seen from the 70's on. There really should not be much difference but finding NOS is always good.

I need to concentrate on a class A set amp I am designing, I know what I want to build so it is a matter of laying out the cabinet now. Some tiger maple with a border perhaps. I may change to a darker boarder but it will be something like this.tiger maple.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #6,158 of 9,577
I have 4 of these Russian tubes that people have discussed the last few pages, but I've never listened to any of them. 3 are marked 6H5C but 1 is marked 6H13C. They have dates on them to the right of the tube type, is this the year they were made or something else?

IMG_2964.JPGIMG_2965.JPGIMG_2966.JPG

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #6,160 of 9,577
I have 4 of these Russian tubes that people have discussed the last few pages, but I've never listened to any of them. 3 are marked 6H5C but 1 is marked 6H13C. They have dates on them to the right of the tube type, is this the year they were made or something else?

IMG_2964.JPGIMG_2965.JPGIMG_2966.JPG

Yes, the two digit number to the right of the flying C is the year of manufacture. And often, there will be a roman numeral number to the left of the flying C, indicating the month. And this dating scheme is common to most if not all Russian production.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #6,161 of 9,577
Hello folks. Looking for a Tung-Sol 7236 and just wanted to see if any of you fine folks had one to sell before I start my Internet searches. Bought one a few weeks ago and while I really like it, it has developed a horrible static and low output on one channel. Sounds OK at low pretty volume, but as I start to turn it up it starts breaking up badly in the right channel. Anyhow -- if any of you folks have one or know an HF'er that has one available, PM me.

Thanks!!!

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #6,162 of 9,577
Hello folks. Looking for a Tung-Sol 7236 and just wanted to see if any of you fine folks had one to sell before I start my Internet searches. Bought one a few weeks ago and while I really like it, it has developed a horrible static and low output on one channel. Sounds OK at low pretty volume, but as I start to turn it up it starts breaking up badly in the right channel. Anyhow -- if any of you folks have one or know an HF'er that has one available, PM me.

Thanks!!!
@LoryWiv

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #6,163 of 9,577

Thanks!!!
Regrets, sold mine a few weeks back. happy hunting @Ripper2860.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #6,164 of 9,577

Thanks!!!

Edit: oops, misread request. Don't have one.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #6,165 of 9,577

Thanks!!!

Have you tried resoldering the pins? The bad connection problems from failing pin solder are more prevalent with (some) Russian tubes like the Fotons, but not limited to them. I've had 2 Tung Sols so far with noise or low GM issues that resoldering corrected, as well as a good 'ol Bad Boy that a friend sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back