For $100, IE7 refurb or something else in that range?
Dec 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

glfpunk

New Head-Fier
In the market for a new IEM, currently using VModa somethings and have a new Fuze on the way.  I saw that I can get the IE7's refurbished from an authorized Sennheiser dealer on Amazon for $94.  Should I jump on these or go with something else in that price range. I'd like to stay around a hundred.  I listen to pop, punk, rock, hip hop, classic rock mostly.  

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 9
If you like a smooth, warm, somewhat bass-heavy sound, you might want to check the coupon code posted in this thread for the Munitio 9mm's, 40% off brings them to your budget range: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/527397/iem-for-hip-hop/15#post_7124483

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 9
you may want to check out the "master" IEM comparison thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-125-iems-compared-sony-xb40ex-ex85-added-12-08

gives one man's opinions/scores on all sorts of IEM's in different price ranges.

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 9
IE7 are great sounding IEMs and will match well with above genres and DAP but there are few more IEMs to look at like Custom 3, HJE900, MC5, RE-ZERO and PFE112

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #7 of 9
Well, I've been interested in the HJE900's but the problem with those is finding them for sale.  I hadn't considered the MC5 due to hearing about the lack of bass.  I don't know anything about the Custom 3 so that's one I'll definitely look into and the price of the PFE112 puts it at a different level where I'd have to bring more IEMs into play like the DBA's which I would have bought on impulse if bugdenaudio had them in stock.  I went ahead and ordered the IE7's at $94 just because it seemed like a great deal.  That's not to say I'm going to keep them though because I might not like them and I could always resell them at that price anyway, so I'm still looking at all the options out there. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #8 of 9
As I've done some more reading, I'm really looking forward to getting the IE7's.  I read so many good reviews of the IE8 and then I've read quite a few people prefer the IE7 to the IE8 so I'm looking forward to it.  I definitely think I'll still make an attempt at some DBA's in the future when they become available.  I just felt like I couldn't go wrong with spending $94 on the IE7 so we'll see how it goes.  I looked into the Custom 3 and read some good things about the sound but apparently the cable are garbage which kind of sucks because I really liked the looks of it. 

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
As I've done some more reading, I'm really looking forward to getting the IE7's.  I read so many good reviews of the IE8 and then I've read quite a few people prefer the IE7 to the IE8 so I'm looking forward to it.  I definitely think I'll still make an attempt at some DBA's in the future when they become available.  I just felt like I couldn't go wrong with spending $94 on the IE7 so we'll see how it goes.  I looked into the Custom 3 and read some good things about the sound but apparently the cable are garbage which kind of sucks because I really liked the looks of it. 

Did you ever get your pair of IE7's yet. Adtron has refurbished IE7's for sale on amazon.com for $94.00. Adtron is an authorized Sennheiser Dealer and I just purchased a pair from him. I'm excited to get them as I am very happy with my IE8's. Just looking forward to a different flavor. More based on mids and balance and less bass. I think The IE8's and Dennon AH-D 5000's will always be my favorites though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back