Food...Glorious food...and your choice IS?
Apr 24, 2006 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

imho

500+ Head-Fier
We seem to be talking a lot about food nowadays (threads concerning Ramen, Salads, Diets...)

After all, men are more obsessed with food than anything...Am I correct?

It is one of the three basic needs for human beings...sleep, eat, reproduce...

Most people tend to favor the food they were brought up on. Mine happens to be Korean cuisine, but I prefer pastas in general (regardless of Japanese Udon, Korean Myun, Vietnames Pho, Chinese Meefun, Italian Capellini, Greek Cous Cous; yes, that is considered pasta).

They say, the 3 best cuisines in the world are Chinese, Italian and French.

Just curious what most people here prefer as far as cuisine is concerned. I have designed the poll for multiple answers so go crazy. And I bet, most of you are going to feel hungry after reading this thread.

Ummmm, let's see what do I want to eat?.....

Apr 24, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 83
American food is my favorite.

LET THERE BE STEAK!

My second choice would be korean food.

LET THERE BE KALBI and BULGOLGI!

My third choice would be chinese food which has too many things for me to name.

I am chinese.

I'm just a really really big meat eater. While i can appreciate the delicate tastes of French and Italian cuisine, to me there is nothing more satisfying that having a stomach that is full on meat, not pastas, not rice or other cheap fillers, but meat.

Apr 24, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 83
Since I am Indian in origin, good Indian food is my favorite...but you have to be careful not to eat too much. It can be quite heavy.

I'm also a big fan of typical American comfort food...burgers, steak, meatloaf, and so on.

Next in preference would be light Mediterranean fare (southern Italy, Greece, etc.)

I know I'm going to feel very out of place in this thread because I'm not fond of Japanese, Chinese, or Korean cuisine at all.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 83
My first choice would be american food, like yellafella321 I do love a good juicy steak. Second would be Chineses food if it's done right (I eat Chinese food nearly everyday). Third would be Korean food, love good Kal Bi and Meat Jun. Fourth would be Veitnamese food, love a good bowl of Pho with it's broth done just right.

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 83
i dont have the style and knowledge to cook more than a few meals. but i am meat oriented, and i can eat almost everything that is given to me. fried termites is okay, but i dont think i want snake anymore due to poison.

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #8 of 83
Almost every Chinese restaraunt near my neighborhood knows me by name. Running a close second is anything sushi, followed by mexican. Why did it take almost three decades for decent asian food to come to my town?

-coma

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #9 of 83
I'm not a fussy eater, as long as it's well prepared and tasty. There are few foods that I won't eat (organ meats, pickled beets, sweet pickles is pretty much the list). I'm a good cook myself, and I hate getting food in a restaurant that isn't as good as I could have made myself.

Every cuisine I've tried has something I like. My wife is a lot pickier than I am, but has managed to find at least one dish in any given cuisine that she likes. I even got her eating sushi, after years of her refusing to even taste it.

Good food, good beer, I'm a happy guy.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:53 AM Post #12 of 83
BBQ American?!

That should surely come under the missing Austrailian option.

Italian, French, Indian, Thai, British, Chinese, American, Norwegen. In that order. But generally, I will eat just about anything so long as there isnt any ketchup on it.

And theres another thing, I'm a fiendish condimentalist, i cant get enough seasonings and sauces on anything, especially Tobasco. MMMMM.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #13 of 83
Is it wrong that I hate German food? Everything I have tried I do not like much. Their sausages don't seem as tasty as any other kind, like Italian. I also don't really like all of the sour condiments.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:05 PM Post #15 of 83
Thats me, glorious in my Omegas, hat and smug grin pose.

I change my avatar quite often, but its always me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back