Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Apr 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #646 of 868
Thank you so much for this, it works great in foobar! However. is there any way to apply the settings to the whole system? I listen to a lot of music on spotify, youtube etc.. and I hope there is a way to integrate this into the shell so that it works with all apps. Should I uninstall realtek for it to install systemwide?

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #647 of 868
Quote:
Thank you so much for this, it works great in foobar! However. is there any way to apply the settings to the whole system? I listen to a lot of music on spotify, youtube etc.. and I hope there is a way to integrate this into the shell so that it works with all apps. Should I uninstall realtek for it to install systemwide?

The only way is to stream all audio to foobar.  Therefore you need  virtual audio cable which installs as a virtual audio card and can stream all audio to other programms.  It would look like this: source audio- virtuall audio cable- foobar- realtek.  But this can cause a short audio delay.

If you only want Dolby Headphone you should look for a soundcard that support it.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #648 of 868
I want to say thank you, for your hard work, and time spend on this project for all of us. It makes my HD800 and my Grados V4 sound amazing. 

Since i got this all i use is foobar with your settings. I wish i had portable player with the same configuration, for my travels. 

Ozz

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #649 of 868
Quote:
I want to say thank you, for your hard work, and time spend on this project for all of us. It makes my HD800 and my Grados V4 sound amazing. 

Since i got this all i use is foobar with your settings. I wish i had portable player with the same configuration, for my travels. 

Ozz

As an alternative you could convert the music files themselves to sound like that. :p Use the built in "Converter" in foobar2000.

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #650 of 868
Quote:
The only way is to stream all audio to foobar.  Therefore you need  virtual audio cable which installs as a virtual audio card and can stream all audio to other programms.  It would look like this: source audio- virtuall audio cable- foobar- realtek.  But this can cause a short audio delay.

If you only want Dolby Headphone you should look for a soundcard that support it.

How you make foobar work without reproducing any file?

May 2, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #654 of 868
I've finetuned the foobar2000 config some more yesterday (I tweak on 0.1 increment basis and sometimes it happens that I find hey this works better like this n that even with very very small adjustments), sounded very pleasing from a quick listen (even better soundstage with a better FR balance; slightly stronger bass, the current has ever so tiny bit too little of it comparing versus stock foobar2000). Too bad I'm always so busy with my other hobbies that there is like no time left over for comparison/testing (need to be sure it's actually better so have to listen and compare against the older setting a while to become certain) and updating the settings but I'll try to update it sometimes soon, could update the foobar2000 version too while I'm at it. I hate updating, so boooooring. ^^

For those wondering I can say I probably spend like 4-5 hrs daily on my youtube hardstyle promotion channel, need to master tracks, upload vids, provide feedback, check out for new tracks etc etc. Then I also would have to finish my school thesis and there's snooker championship and now icehokey championship in europe starting. So there leaves very little sparetime for the foobar2000 config.

If you must have a newer version of foobar2000 now you can always update it yourself too. :p Just need to copy over core.cfg to the newer foobar2000 and make sure all the plugins needed are activated and exist in the folder.

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #657 of 868
Quote:

Can you explain more thoroughly on how to set this up I don't get how your suppose to get the sounds from virtual audio cable to playback through foobar2000 so there processed through the DSP settings?

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #658 of 868
Quote:
Can you explain more thoroughly on how to set this up I don't get how your suppose to get the sounds from virtual audio cable to playback through foobar2000 so there processed through the DSP settings?

That is a good question. 
I think you need this plug in.
http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000/foo_record.fb2k-component (Only usable with record:// playlist entry syntax.)
The plug in allows you to stream every output from the sound card (in this case virtual audio cable) to foobar.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #659 of 868
Quote:
That is a good question. 
I think you need this plug in.
http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000/foo_record.fb2k-component (Only usable with record:// playlist entry syntax.)
The plug in allows you to stream every output from the sound card (in this case virtual audio cable) to foobar.

O_o Nice find, I've always wanted to try this _EXACT_ config for gaming. I mean I've tried nearly the same setup by corresponding plugins via Virtual Audio Cable and various VST setups but it wasn't exactly the same but still pretty nicely working as obviously channel mixer is only a plugin that is included with foobar2000, I couldn't find any corresponding plugin that would do the channel mixing, stereo->virtual 5.0 equally well.

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #660 of 868
I can't make the sound card plugin to work. Can you please detail the step?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back