Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Mar 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #631 of 868
Hello. Thank you so much for doing this. I have been using your configuration since 2 months already. Its so GOOD. THANK YOU!

Question: I thought about using the config for classical for improving my piano improvisations (i use samples with a keyboard, not recording of a real piano) but it seems its too "excesive". Is there a config that would work with anything tought it doest improve that much the audio? It literaly blows me my headphones. I changed some things on the EQ and got better results but since you are a pro i ask for your advice.

Here is a sample: http://www.goear.com/listen/6aef2dc/h-gg

I don't even recommend using the other presets, those are just a "bonus" and not necessarily up-to-date. The only two configs I can recommend is the "Default" ones, forward and laid-back. The other just has "genre" specific FR adjustments like with classical I assiociate V-shape (important for highs to have presence for the airiness) and slight bass boost to give more "drama" for the drums and having slight pushed back midrange creates an illusion of larger soundstage as it's not so in-your-face. Additionally reverb was set one step higher for it (reverb adds to creating large soundstage). That preset should be only tested with fullblown orchestra music, for invidual instruments it doesn't fit. I personally only use the forward and laid-back configs no matter what music I listen to as those are made to be balanced and therefore to me it sounds best but I added specific genre presets for fun exaggerating slightly the parts of the music that is important.

For you it's not really what you want for piano. The  "Default: Balanced (forward) config is what you want to use.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #634 of 868
I decided to use the foobar2000 to make the reverb instead of altering the original sound. Feedback is apreciated. Sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread.

Dedicated to RPGWiZaRD.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #635 of 868
I just wanted to bump this up top again and say THANK YOU for this absolutely amazing mod!

My Anedio D1 and HD800 combination with this mod is the single best headphone setup I've ever heard at home or anywhere else.

For the past 6 months I've completely lost all interest in any kind of upgrades and I'm just enjoying the music!

A thousand thumps up and thank you!

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #636 of 868
Is there a preconfigured version available for download? I've tried to get going with foobar a couple times and just can't seem to get the hang of it. I'd love to try it at optimum before settling on Jriver Media center.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #637 of 868
Quote:
Is there a preconfigured version available for download? I've tried to get going with foobar a couple times and just can't seem to get the hang of it. I'd love to try it at optimum before settling on Jriver Media center.

Just check the first page closer, first is offered preconfigured packages...

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #639 of 868
Quote:
Any suggestions on how I could blend your "Forward" EQ preset with another, headphone equalizing preset?

Use 2 EQs? :) That's what I do, I never touch the one in foobar2000 and use soundcard's EQ if I need to EQ the headphones themselves. If I didn't have a soundcard I'd just add another Electri-Q in the list of active DSPs.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #640 of 868
Quote:

Use 2 EQs? :) That's what I do, I never touch the one in foobar2000 and use soundcard's EQ if I need to EQ the headphones themselves. If I didn't have a soundcard I'd just add another Electri-Q in the list of active DSPs.

You should be able to sum the two electri Q settings and use only 1 instance. Or perhaps run convolution software instead of the phone eq

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #641 of 868
Quote:
You should be able to sum the two electri Q settings and use only 1 instance. Or perhaps run convolution software instead of the phone eq

Of course you can but I personally don't want to, think it's better with 2 separate and besides if I EQ headphones I want a system-wide solution so that everything sounds the same or else I get bothered by it not sounding the same when gaming etc.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #645 of 868
Quote:

in what order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back