Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Mar 21, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #301 of 868

Quote:
I'd love to try this, but Electri-Q Posihfopit edition isn't free and isn't cheap either. Is it really needed?

The Posihfopit edition is the free version of Electri-Q, the reason why it's used with RPGWiZaRD's DH presets.

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #303 of 868
OK, I've made some minor adjustments, extremely happy with the "forward" config now, how neutral the positioning sounds like but still so engaging & fun and added a new preset/made some slight tweaks here and there.

Here's also some new Youtube recordings (with Dolby Headphone used):

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #304 of 868
I think I forgot that I had put dropbox on pause so it wasn't syncing the uploads so I suppose the links haven't worked... oh well should work now. Please let me know if links are broken in the future thanks. :wink:

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #306 of 868

Quote:
all i can say is wow. i'm using the forward config. the signature of my grados sr225i feel enhanced.

Yea that's the desired sound signature of the "forward" config for maximum engaging & fun sound, my personally preferred sound signature. An intimate listening experience. It's the burning question if I'll enjoy a headphone or not.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #307 of 868

Quote:
Yea that's the desired sound signature of the "forward" config for maximum engaging & fun sound, my personally preferred sound signature. An intimate listening experience. It's the burning question if I'll enjoy a headphone or not.

It definitely works, and I am thankful that you contributed this to the community. This really brings out some additional character!

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #308 of 868
I'm a perfectionist though and right now I can't decide whether 1.12 or 1.13 for center channel is better in the channel mixer plugin with this config though, all other values are pretty optimal but yea for my taste/ears/setup at least, at this point I can't decide on a 0.01 difference on one slider haha. xD

1.12: Slightly bigger sounding stage
1.13: Slightly more "in-your-face" / engaging sound but somewhat less of a soundstage

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #309 of 868

Quote:
I'm a perfectionist though and right now I can't decide whether 1.12 or 1.13 for center channel is better in the channel mixer plugin with this config though, all other values are pretty optimal but yea for my taste/ears/setup at least, at this point I can't decide on a 0.01 difference on one slider haha. xD

1.12: Slightly bigger sounding stage
1.13: Slightly more "in-your-face" / engaging sound but somewhat less of a soundstage

lol sounds more like severe paranoia or ocd :)

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #311 of 868
Since "Forward" config was updated I decided to tweak the "Laid-back" one as well and see if I could still find some better results and I think I managed to get it significantly improved, at least it sounds more natural and very usable with many different genres or songs, I have a hard time saying many times which of the configs I prefer, it depends on the song. :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #312 of 868
Why is it when I use the resampler set to 96hz, the VU meter splits the channels into 5 + 1, but without it it shows only stereo L & R.

I prefer what it does to the channel mixer when resampled but it seems to render Dolby Headphone useless. 

/Confused

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #313 of 868

Quote:
Why is it when I use the resampler set to 96hz, the VU meter splits the channels into 5 + 1, but without it it shows only stereo L & R.

I prefer what it does to the channel mixer when resampled but it seems to render Dolby Headphone useless. 

/Confused

Yea I think Dolby Headphone supports max 48kHz. I personally use 44.1kHz sample rate as all my music is in that format (you should use what your music is rather than highest possible). Maybe this would be a good thing to point out regarding DH in the starting post haha. xD

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #314 of 868
Hey, i use foobar when listening to headphones (dt770), earphones (ATH-CKM50) and speakers (MicroLab Solo6C and Wharfedale SW150 sub)  and wondering are there any tweaks you suggest making when listening to each? Should i dissable dolby headphone etc when using speakers??

Thanks for your work mate!

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #315 of 868
I don't know what's the case with speakers really as I'm only using headphones. Maybe tomorrow I should give it at least a try how it sounds like on my cheap ancient Logitech X-530 speakers I usually got hooked up to my TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back