Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Apr 3, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #781 of 1,971
@rthomas

Do not worry🙈....who has a trained ear also does not need a home demo at the HE1😜😉

Greetings from Austria

NOMAX

PS.wish you a great time with the Nutopia 👍 which will also give me next to my Stealth and the upcoming C....... a very long time pleasure

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #784 of 1,971
Does anyone here have both the new and older Utopia? Which would you keep and why? Thinking of keeping just one..

I have both....why?
Simply explained with these two tracks

Utopia 👍

Nutopia 👍

NOMAX

PS.If only Jazz and Klasik are the main genres...then take the Utopia 👍
But since the music genres have changed that are heard through headphones in the high price segment...the Nutopia is meant for that,it covers more genres
An all-rounder like no other👍
(Not yet😉)

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #785 of 1,971
Very special!

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #786 of 1,971
I have both....why?
Simply explained with these two tracks

Utopia 👍

Nutopia 👍

NOMAX

PS.If only Jazz and Klasik are the main genres...then take the Utopia 👍
But since the music genres have changed that are heard through headphones in the high price segment...the Nutopia is meant for that,it covers more genres
An all-rounder like no other👍
(Not yet😉)

I would say for pop mainly, I do enjoy the speed and intensity of the utopia. it's one of the characteristics I appreciate about it. was quite bummed about the cable on the nutopia (I like the stock ones on the utopia)

so overall, the nutopia is better for a wider range of genres?

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #789 of 1,971
I would say for pop mainly, I do enjoy the speed and intensity of the utopia. it's one of the characteristics I appreciate about it. was quite bummed about the cable on the nutopia (I like the stock ones on the utopia)

so overall, the nutopia is better for a wider range of genres?

Yes it is 👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Apr 4, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #790 of 1,971
@Nomax between the HE-1 and C... which one do you prefer ? If a good answer to that does not exist then let me revise my question. Which one do you prefer for classical music ?

I've said it a few times already...you can't compare the HE1 to anything else.
(Only in tonal performance, the Stealth comes close to the Sennheiser)
The tonal and technical performance, the whole event is much bigger,more powerful and faster with the HE1
Some try it with expensive Dacs or amps to find here somehow connection
I can only say one thing...it will not work, but I let everyone his fun to try 😉

Only for classical Music? You can try also X9000 or Susvara beside to the french
(Also Diana Phi....but construction and wearing comfort is 🙈)

About The C.......... in the second half of this year,this is I would have imagined the Expanse in its tonal and technical performance👍
(Unfortunately I was disappointed with this model from Dca 😔)

NOMAX

PS.lol

2A71601F-4A04-49C0-9408-98E1012039CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #792 of 1,971
C... is the headphone Austrian Audio has been cooking and Nomax has been privy to. I have been saving money and waiting to see what Sennheiser would bring to the table but if the headphone by Austrian Audio is good enough and not absurdly priced given its performance I probably won't wait.
Thanks for the info friend :)

Apr 4, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #793 of 1,971
Does anyone here have both the new and older Utopia? Which would you keep and why? Thinking of keeping just one..

I've owned both but not at the same time. I think it mainly comes down to whether you would prefer a warmer vs. brighter/more analytical presentation. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the OG, as it has a bit of an edge with clarity. That said, the warmer presentation of the 2022 causes no fatigue whatsoever, which is a plus. But to my ears, sound just a bit veiled in the midrange in comparison.

Apr 5, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #794 of 1,971
C... is the headphone Austrian Audio has been cooking and Nomax has been privy to. I have been saving money and waiting to see what Sennheiser would bring to the table but if the headphone by Austrian Audio is good enough and not absurdly priced given its performance I probably won't wait.

I am sure it will 👍
(I am not saying this because I am from Austria)

NOMAX

PS.as i am mentioned..I am already curious about the faces in the second half of the year 😉
And when the time is right...there will also be a comparison with my Nutopia 👍

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #795 of 1,971
I've owned both but not at the same time. I think it mainly comes down to whether you would prefer a warmer vs. brighter/more analytical presentation. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the OG, as it has a bit of an edge with clarity. That said, the warmer presentation of the 2022 causes no fatigue whatsoever, which is a plus. But to my ears, sound just a bit veiled in the midrange in comparison.

A little agreement on my part👍....ich would describe the performance also as more relaxed than with the OG...I can thereby with the Nutopia also times louder hear, without this then too much obtrusively in the treble range appears

NOMAX

PS.Bit veiled?I would rather attribute this to the MG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back