Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Aug 26, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #1,351 of 1,972
Was lucky enough to snap up a pair before the price went up again( as in now); many thanks to Nick at the Auckland A2A store.
Great customer service as always.

Aug 26, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #1,352 of 1,972
Was lucky enough to snap up a pair before the price went up again( as in now); many thanks to Nick at the Auckland A2A store.
Great customer service as always.
I'm surprised the Utopias were not the first to be sold out, instead, it was Stellias and Clear MG. Wonder how many Utopia they have/had in stock...

Aug 26, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #1,353 of 1,972
Stellia were phenomenal value. Many consider $1000-1500 their totl endgame. The average consumer doesn’t spend utopia pricing, even at the sale price.

I suspect Bathys were very popular also

Aug 27, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #1,355 of 1,972
my experience has shown me thatvthe A2a website stock availability is not “live”. So they may have already sold out over the weekend.
I guess we’ll see monday or tuesday If all stock has been sold. (And emails sent out to any that have missed out)

Aug 27, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #1,356 of 1,972
my experience has shown me thatvthe A2a website stock availability is not “live”. So they may have already sold out over the weekend.
I guess we’ll see monday or tuesday If all stock has been sold. (And emails sent out to any that have missed out)
Spoke to A2A today and they are speeding through the inventory. Said there's only about 100 left in the country. Also won't budge on price, damn shame.

Aug 27, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #1,357 of 1,972
Spoke to A2A today and they are speeding through the inventory. Said there's only about 100 left in the country. Also won't budge on price, damn shame.
100?????? wow!

is that the/an issue with focal, how much stock the distributor is there obliged to sell theough.

$4k still,arguably, a decent price for these. But the demand could be quite elastic, ie going from 3.5-4k may have a noticeable impact re how much these move now.

mmmmm……

Aug 28, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #1,358 of 1,972
100?????? wow!

is that the/an issue with focal, how much stock the distributor is there obliged to sell theough.

$4k still,arguably, a decent price for these. But the demand could be quite elastic, ie going from 3.5-4k may have a noticeable impact re how much these move now.

mmmmm……
I'm absolutely torn between getting a pair now before they run out or waiting to see if they bring it back down before the months over.

Aug 28, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #1,359 of 1,972
I'm absolutely torn between getting a pair now before they run out or waiting to see if they bring it back down before the months over.
Can't you buy one now and then return/repurchase if the item does go down in price? Seeing how quickly they are selling out of the headphones, I doubt they would think about lowering the price

Aug 28, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #1,360 of 1,972
Australia, consumer law does not cover returns due to a change of mind. Previously they would likely have given you a store credit for an open box item but I’m not sure whether this would apply to a clearance item

If you have another top-of-the-line headphone, and Utopia doesn’t have anything to add then I would pass. Otherwise they very much are end game headphones at a more affordable price than previous.

They are revealing of the source and do require quality up the chain to sound best

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #1,361 of 1,972
Ask them - if it comes down again (in a reasonable time period) would they make up the difference, even as a store credit.

ask - it won’t hurt

don’t be surprised if you see a few pop up in classifieds in next few months that are “near new” at close to $3500 from this that bought these to try them but who decide to let them go

Aug 29, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #1,363 of 1,972
Tbh I think this price increase will slow sales down, maybe 1 month to clear Utopias, 100 units is a lot to move... I suspect that a large % of sales for the discount headphones are mostly exports. The price increase from $3499 to $3999 + tax + import + fx + shipping etc. basically cancels the cost-savings vs. the Adorama price, which is basically what dealer prices/discount prices are at. A2A might then lower again.

Aug 29, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #1,364 of 1,972
They said that they won’t be dropping the price again.

Was there today and they said they have orders from all over the world.

Demand has been huge and they don’t need to drop it as low as they had it.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #1,365 of 1,972
Tbh I think this price increase will slow sales down, maybe 1 month to clear Utopias, 100 units is a lot to move... I suspect that a large % of sales for the discount headphones are mostly exports. The price increase from $3499 to $3999 + tax + import + fx + shipping etc. basically cancels the cost-savings vs. the Adorama price, which is basically what dealer prices/discount prices are at. A2A might then lower again.
Not sure how it works with other countries but I'm quite positive that USA doesn't pay import on these. There is a trade agreement between AUS-USA which makes some selected items duty free when importing. Also tried using DHL & Fedex cost estimator which calculates duty and it came out as 0.
$2257 (shipping and tax included) + 100-150 USD shipping is lower than adorama... but is it worth the no warranty support in USA? hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back