Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,878 of 1,972
i don't know if I am able to but I am trying to compare the gsx1000 and the mojo 2 as DACs only and I have yet didn't feel anything different. other way the hd800s with the gsx1000 with mayflower OBJ2 amp only made me feel sometimes chilling in my body how real it sound and the music came through me. the focal 2022 have yet made me feel something so I am disappointed. it just sound sound

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #1,879 of 1,972
i don't know if I am able to but I am trying to compare the gsx1000 and the mojo 2 as DACs only and I have yet didn't feel anything different. other way the hd800s with the gsx1000 with mayflower OBJ2 amp only made me feel sometimes chilling in my body how real it sound and the music came through me. the focal 2022 have yet made me feel something so I am disappointed. it just sound sound
Not every headphone is for everyone. The HD800 and Utopia are a long way apart in what they do. If you don’t like Utopia that’s quite okay. If you like the 800 then maybe try something like a RAAL or an electrostatic? Or even then Sennheiser IE900?

Jan 24, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #1,880 of 1,972
Not every headphone is for everyone. The HD800 and Utopia are a long way apart in what they do. If you don’t like Utopia that’s quite okay. If you like the 800 then maybe try something like a RAAL or an electrostatic? Or even then Sennheiser IE900?
if the RAAL sounds like the hd800s but better then yeah I will try them, they are not that expensive and if I am going to have my fun hearing then yes.
question is what the hell am I going to do with the focal utopia 2022.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #1,882 of 1,972
i used to own the 800s and own the sr1a and ca-1a...they are head and shoulders better than the 800s...different league IMHO

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #1,883 of 1,972
You are using entry level gear with a $5k headphone, that’s not an ideal set up and if anything a bottleneck.

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #1,888 of 1,972
Sell the Utopia.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #1,889 of 1,972
the pat audiophile response
I’m not an audiophile, ergo not a pat response. listen however one chooses, don’t complain when using a sub-par amp/dac and expect the headphone to do all the work. Logic Watson, it’s about logical choices.

I agree with others who have suggested, sell the Utopia and be happy with the saved monies.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #1,890 of 1,972
I’m not an audiophile, ergo not a pat response. listen however one chooses, don’t complain when using a sub-par amp/dac and expect the headphone to do all the work. Logic Watson, it’s about logical choices.

I agree with others who have suggested, sell the Utopia and be happy with the saved monies.
your signature suggests otherwise but be that as it may, it's a pat response whether you are an audiophile or not imo. the utopia is an efficient headphone and i wouldn't describe a chord dac as sub-par based on my experience - ymmv. now i've not heard the utopia with the mojo 2 but i can't imagine it doing the utopia a disservice. the utopia has always sounded like the utopia to me regardless of the ancillary gear that it has been paired with and while i think it's a great headphone, i appreciate that its sound signature isn't for everyone. as for logic, well i've found that it's prone to twisting in this hobby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back