Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
May 21, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #4,276 of 4,489
Any news for Stellia v2? Like the Utopia 2022?
Today i visited my local dealer where i got my Clear MG and Stellia from, i've auditioned Triangle Audio active tower speakers. We've chat about Focal and he told me that it's off the record information and soon he will receive 2023 Focal Stellia models, he told me that they already shipped the package to the stores.

He offered me the demo and will call me as soon as he receives the shipment.

I've come to this thread about telling you the information i got and you were already posted the question. :)

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #4,278 of 4,489
Looking for some input/reviews...I only travel a few times a year. I'm debating between buying some Focal Bathys or buying some sort of Bluetooth/dongle for my phone and bringing my Stellia when I travel. Does anyone use something like a fiio btr7 or a dongle when you travel? I don't know that I want an entirely separate DAP.

May 23, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #4,280 of 4,489
Looking for some input/reviews...I only travel a few times a year. I'm debating between buying some Focal Bathys or buying some sort of Bluetooth/dongle for my phone and bringing my Stellia when I travel. Does anyone use something like a fiio btr7 or a dongle when you travel? I don't know that I want an entirely separate DAP.
At home, I have used the Fiio uBTR to good effect with headphones. It is a good, inexpensive option but you won't get the benefit of ANC that the Focal Bathys offer when out and about. https://www.fiio.com/μbtr

Jun 27, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #4,282 of 4,489
It really depends on your expectation on sound quality. Bathys is the way to go if you need noise cancelling. But if you want also to use it in your hotel room at night, then Stellia dongle makes sense as Stellia is really easy to drive. The questyle M15 are really good.

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #4,284 of 4,489
While a btr5 will work a ifi Gryphon is a much better choice and sounds great with the Stellia.

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #4,285 of 4,489
While a btr5 will work a ifi Gryphon is a much better choice and sounds great with the Stellia.
I‘ve been looking at the ifi Gryphon for my Stellias. But have the IDSD Signature. Store guy says the Signature may sound better. But I like the more modern interface of the Gryphon. Should I sell the Signature and get the Gryphon?

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #4,286 of 4,489
I‘ve been looking at the ifi Gryphon for my Stellias. But have the IDSD Signature. Store guy says the Signature may sound better. But I like the more modern interface of the Gryphon. Should I sell the Signature and get the Gryphon?
Depends on many factors that only you can determine. The signature is very nice and powerful. My suggestion would be to listen to the Gryphon and compare to your signature. I run balanced and wanted the option of BT so Gryphon was my choice. I also found a great belt holder for it and my phone.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #4,287 of 4,489
Should I sell the Signature and get the Gryphon?

It depends on what you need. iDSD Signature is more powerful, wired and physically big, xDSD Gryphon works wirelessly, is more compact and outputs less power. The former is the one if you're after performance above all else, while the latter may be considered if you fancy its utilities and lesser power isn't an issue. Hope this helps, thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 29, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #4,288 of 4,489
I never used theIfi Gryphon. I have used the FiiO BTR5 (ESS) and it works very well. The sound is more neutral and not very bassy. I prefer a more reference/balanced sound. The BTR5 is a very deal. I would also suggest checking out the BTR7, which has a little more which will give more volume. If also works well if you have other headphones that need more power drive well.

I have the FiiO K9 Pro ESS and it works very well the Stellia. I think FiiO gives, at least in regards to DAC/amps give a good bang for the dolloar.

Jul 3, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #4,289 of 4,489
I never used theIfi Gryphon. I have used the FiiO BTR5 (ESS) and it works very well. The sound is more neutral and not very bassy. I prefer a more reference/balanced sound. The BTR5 is a very deal. I would also suggest checking out the BTR7, which has a little more which will give more volume. If also works well if you have other headphones that need more power drive well.

I have the FiiO K9 Pro ESS and it works very well the Stellia. I think FiiO gives, at least in regards to DAC/amps give a good bang for the dolloar.
I understand, personal preference makes this hobby interesting. I prefer the ifi or ibasso dx312 sound to my m11 pro or btr5.
But I also like tubes.

Jul 4, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #4,290 of 4,489
Just grab an opportunity of buying some demo stellia for 1700€ and couldn’t resist… pairing it with mojo 2+poly is a great match.

Been thinking on adding a WA7 as I don’t have nor a desktop (except for the NAD M33) nor a tube amp, kind of doubting if I should buy gen3 or gen2 (-600$), anyone has tried on both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back