Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 18, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #4,261 of 4,488
hello,what dac/amps you use with stellia ...
I've used the FiiO BTR5. It works well with the Stella. I've used both the balanced and unbalanced on it. I think the unbalanced sounds a touch better, but that may be more it has a little more power, and thus, can get louder volume. I'm sure the FiiO BTR7 works just as well; maybe a touch better.

The two DAC/amps are nice because they do have some power, pretty small and very portable. And they're reasonably priced for what you get. Heck, the BTR5 was able to drive my old Sennhieser HD600 very well. It's not the most feature rich device. I think the sound it gives is pretty good. It's probably a good starting point in researching for a portable DAC/Amp.

I use the FiiO K9 Pro for a desktop DAC/amp. I think this is very good pairing. Not cheap, but not super expensive. It some quirks, but not in the sound department. There are plenty of reviews on it that can give you more detailed information.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #4,262 of 4,488
I've used the FiiO BTR5. It works well with the Stella. I've used both the balanced and unbalanced on it. I think the unbalanced sounds a touch better,..”
im use 6.35 output too. so , tried earmen tr-amp and this only can use for 5% of volune max, more is too load and too hissy. stooped look to portable amp now. maybe new xduoo xd05pro will take. ta-22 good hybrid, but for solid amp orderd rme adi-2 dac fs.

Attachments

• 11D25A5C-EBBE-48D7-A259-DB5AB49E7486.jpeg
    11D25A5C-EBBE-48D7-A259-DB5AB49E7486.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • B11CB6BA-FAF4-4DEB-A74E-EAABBA318F59.jpeg
    B11CB6BA-FAF4-4DEB-A74E-EAABBA318F59.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #4,263 of 4,488
im use 6.35 output too. ... stooped look to portable amp now. ...
In my use of the FiiO BTR5, I don't recall if I used it at full volume. Not likely, bu probably pretty close. I did get hearing loss and my mild tinnitis for being conservative in my listening habits, LOL. I do like having the headroom to crank up the volume. From my recollection, I don't recall it getting distorted or anything significant.

If you have a good portable DAC or DAC/amp, you can easily for desktop use. It may not have some of the power or features of a dedicated desktop version.

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #4,264 of 4,488
After my venture with Clear MG, Hifiman Arya and LCD-X, i’ve decided to get a high end closed back. Stellia did impress me at Demo so i decided to buy myself one. I find it for little over $1K so it was no brainer for me since if i didn't like it i can flip it later.

Since it’s closed back, i now have freedom to listen anytime without annoying people at night, watch a movie peacefully. I did even game on them and i lost in the game. Things open backs can’t do.

They run on anything, sound good with any music. Any source. Built wonderfully, delight for eyes and ears. Also you can pack them for a trip and carry with you at all times.

While they aren't open backs, with the expectations from netural-bright closed backs they sound wonderful.

Just look at it…
IMG-1719.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #4,265 of 4,488
If anyone is looking for a good deal (IMO) on a Focal Arche DAC/AMP to match with their Stellia, I just relisted mine in classifieds. Apologies if it's against tradition to post in this thread.

Still look forward to my work from home days where I have my Stellia / iDSD Pro / iCAN combination ... Stellias were a great mid-life crisis purchase...

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #4,267 of 4,488
Hi all
What tube ampa are people currently enjoying with Stellia? Thinking of adding one between Mojo2 and Stellia for those times I’m after something a little different.
If you want to stay semi portable, the Woo Audio WA8 is great option. I miss mine and I’m thinking about repurchasing it.

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #4,269 of 4,488
I’m actually looking for something with a bigger firm factor. More WA6 size.
Oh okay, I’m using a Trafomatic Head 2, with some 1966 Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8’s. The sound is sublime.

May 1, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #4,271 of 4,488
After my venture with Clear MG, Hifiman Arya and LCD-X, i’ve decided to get a high end closed back. Stellia did impress me at Demo so i decided to buy myself one. I find it for little over $1K so it was no brainer for me since if i didn't like it i can flip it later.

Since it’s closed back, i now have freedom to listen anytime without annoying people at night, watch a movie peacefully. I did even game on them and i lost in the game. Things open backs can’t do.

They run on anything, sound good with any music. Any source. Built wonderfully, delight for eyes and ears. Also you can pack them for a trip and carry with you at all times.

While they aren't open backs, with the expectations from netural-bright closed backs they sound wonderful.
So you've just bought this headphone for about a $1000, shilled it all over, and the next day listed an add here where you are now selling them... for EUR2000 without negotiation. Something's not good here, mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back