Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Mar 20, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #4,187 of 4,509
I had the Stellia for about 2 weeks and then it started distorting and cutting out on the right channel intermittently. I have a GSX-mini amp and an $800 copper-silver cable from Arctic Cables so it's not my gear.. I noticed the Stellia isn't very stable at loud volumes like the Celestee is, the Celestee I can play at loud volumes all day without any distortion in the bass. I noticed on some tracks with the Stellia the bass would distort the driver and make this awful crunch sound and I have to turn down the volume. Now the right side driver of my Stellias are on their way to becoming completely dead. I shipped them out to return them for a refund. I think it's unacceptable that the Stellia isn't as stable at loud volumes as my Celestee headphone that I got on sale on Amazon.
my stellia works as sharm.happy user here.xduoo ta-22 dac/amp.

Mar 20, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #4,188 of 4,509
I had the Stellia for about 2 weeks and then it started distorting and cutting out on the right channel intermittently. I have a GSX-mini amp and an $800 copper-silver cable from Arctic Cables so it's not my gear.. I noticed the Stellia isn't very stable at loud volumes like the Celestee is, the Celestee I can play at loud volumes all day without any distortion in the bass. I noticed on some tracks with the Stellia the bass would distort the driver and make this awful crunch sound and I have to turn down the volume. Now the right side driver of my Stellias are on their way to becoming completely dead. I shipped them out to return them for a refund. I think it's unacceptable that the Stellia isn't as stable at loud volumes as my Celestee headphone that I got on sale on Amazon.
I’m not a loud volume listener but this has to be a fault in the headphones.

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #4,191 of 4,509
Stellia is perfectly capable of driving loud. Sounds like a faulty unit. It’s also so clean that it “sounds quieter” at the same volume because if the low distortion.

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #4,192 of 4,509
Stellia is perfectly capable of driving loud. Sounds like a faulty unit. It’s also so clean that it “sounds quieter” at the same volume because if the low distortion.
Yea I think it was a faulty unit as well. I reconsidered for an exchange for another Stellia, hopefully the replacement will be better.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #4,193 of 4,509
I had the Stellia for about 2 weeks and then it started distorting and cutting out on the right channel intermittently. I have a GSX-mini amp and an $800 copper-silver cable from Arctic Cables so it's not my gear.. ...
Unless you changed out the cables and other equipment, you cannot say it's not your gear. Not to say you did not get a bad set or damage the Stellias. Spending a lot of money does not guarantee equipment cannot go bad. To me, it sounds like you got a short in your cable.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #4,194 of 4,509
Unless you changed out the cables and other equipment, you cannot say it's not your gear. Not to say you did not get a bad set or damage the Stellias. Spending a lot of money does not guarantee equipment cannot go bad. To me, it sounds like you got a short in your cable.
The cable works perfectly with the Celestee and Elegia I have, no problems there. Think I just got a faulty Stellia

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #4,200 of 4,509
how ifi iDSD Signature? or better to ifi gryphon? i dont need bluetooth or portable battery,. always connected to laptop dac/amp
For portability, you may think of iFi micro iDSD Signature? For me they iFi micro iDSD Black label worked fine with the Stellia, so I am sure the Signature will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back