Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 25, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #4,156 of 4,488
so, hd800s is best soinding? how diference lcd-xc vs lcd-2closed back?
No, for me Stellias gets the most use, but with music with real natural reverberations (soundstage) nothing beats the HD800S

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #4,158 of 4,488
does any compared stellia vs audeze lcd-xc in details,soundstage and balanced sound?
ConvinceMeAudio does a good video on this - check his closed back shootout video on YouTube

Feb 28, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #4,162 of 4,488
does stellia sounds better for lcd-1 or lcd-2 or dca aeon2 noire ? i think not ,maybe same/similar.
I’m my personal listening with Chord TT2 and Mojo2/Poly, the Stellia is more resolving and more dynamic than all of these. Of course, you have to like what the Stellia does.
Have you heard the Stellia? You ask a lot of questions that can simply be answered by an extended listening session alongside your current headphones.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #4,163 of 4,488
I’m my personal listening with Chord TT2 and Mojo2/Poly, the Stellia is more resolving and more dynamic than all of these. Of course, you have to like what the Stellia does.
Have you heard the Stellia? You ask a lot of questions that can simply be answered by an extended listening session alongside your current headphones.
i have focal bathys,hifiman ananda,audeze lcd-2closed back. im measured sound at local shop all focal's stellia,radiance,celestee,elegia. was not impressed and it was 3month ago,when i had only ananda and bathys for week. now i must again go to local shop and listen all focals with now trained my ears.

Mar 2, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #4,164 of 4,488
does any helps.i want to buy closed back one from two. i dont use EQ, and like neutral sound straight from headphone. does stellia is darker sound vs radiance ? attached photos of curves.i have and like very sound from my beyerdynamic aventho-lots of details,neutral sound,good bass and not hissy highs. how both focals sound compare vs beyerdynamic aventho?

Attachments

• Stellia.jpg
    Stellia.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Radiance-768x352.jpg
    Radiance-768x352.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Aventho-Wireless.jpg
    Aventho-Wireless.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #4,165 of 4,488
does any helps.i want to buy closed back one from two. i dont use EQ, and like neutral sound straight from headphone. does stellia is darker sound vs radiance ? attached photos of curves.i have and like very sound from my beyerdynamic aventho-lots of details,neutral sound,good bass and not hissy highs. how both focals sound compare vs beyerdynamic aventho?
Radiance is darker than Stellia and not a good choice if you are looking for neutral, but Stellia has a warm-leaning signature - wouldn't call either neutral but Stellia is closer to the mark.

Do you have no way of demo-ing them?

Mar 2, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #4,166 of 4,488
Radiance is darker than Stellia and not a good choice if you are looking for neutral, but Stellia has a warm-leaning signature - wouldn't call either neutral but Stellia is closer to the mark.

Do you have no way of demo-ing them?
from curves shows stellia is darker at highs and mids. so it more warm vs radiance?dont know. how from curves you see aventho vs stellia? how stellia vs audeze lcd-2cb? whitch is more warm?

Attachments

• Stellia.jpg
    Stellia.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 0
  • LCD-2-Closed-Back.jpg
    LCD-2-Closed-Back.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #4,167 of 4,488
from curves shows stellia is darker at highs and mids. so it more warm vs radiance?dont know. how from curves you see aventho vs stellia? how stellia vs audeze lcd-2cb? whitch is more warm?
There are things the graphs can’t tell you. The only way you’re going to know for sure is to try them. And yes, Radiance is warmer than Stellia.

Mar 5, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #4,169 of 4,488
i Just traded My Zmf Auteur Classic+ Quicksilver tube amp for a Focal stellia, 90% of my listening is edm and while the Auteur Classic was amazing, it was a bit to soft for me.

I was craving authority, speed, great bass and the Stellia delivers wonderfully :) as a bass-head, i approve for sure :D
the stage is smaller than the Auteur Classic, tonality is more natural on the Zmf but to me, everything else is much better.

The punch is insane :scream::nerd: i feel like this one is gonna stay for a while, really fun and engaging sound !

Small note, i see alot of people trying to protect the leather from discoloring, to my honest opinion, when the discoloring ends up uniform in color ( brown, coffee color ), its amazing ^^ i find that it adds depth to the color sheme overall and it goes perfectly with the orange of the cup and the copperish color of the cup holders :) it looks amazing in person :)

Attachments

• stellia_rightcup.jpg
    stellia_rightcup.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
  • stellia_headband2.jpg
    stellia_headband2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 5, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #4,170 of 4,488
i Just traded My Zmf Auteur Classic+ Quicksilver tube amp for a Focal stellia, 90% of my listening is edm and while the Auteur Classic was amazing, it was a bit to soft for me.

I was craving authority, speed, great bass and the Stellia delivers wonderfully :) as a bass-head, i approve for sure :D
the stage is smaller than the Auteur Classic, tonality is more natural on the Zmf but to me, everything else is much better.

The punch is insane :scream::nerd: i feel like this one is gonna stay for a while, really fun and engaging sound !

Small note, i see alot of people trying to protect the leather from discoloring, to my honest opinion, when the discoloring ends up uniform in color ( brown, coffee color ), its amazing ^^ i find that it adds depth to the color sheme overall and it goes perfectly with the orange of the cup and the copperish color of the cup holders :) it looks amazing in person :)
Hehe, glad to see you're enjoying them a lot! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back