Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 22, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #4,111 of 4,490
The Stellia’s will sound great no matter what
you plug them into.
They have excellent precision, definition and instrument separation. Like no other closed headphone on the market. The sound is simply addictive. They are the heroine of headphones.
I concur. Sound wonderful with my Shanling M6 Ultra (although this DAP is no slouch).

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #4,112 of 4,490
Working my way up to the Stellias! I got the Elegias two weeks ago, and the Celestee yesterday. Love, love love these Focals! Just super curious as to how the Stellias sound so I'm researching and watching YouTube videos at work, lol. Everything I've heard about the Stellias make for a headphone that will tick all of my boxes and hopefully blow my mind like the Elegias and Celestee did for me

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #4,114 of 4,490
The internal design is quite impressive, but for that much money, i'd like to get something the looks as good as it sounds.
Have you held one in your hands? I was sceptical from the photos, but when I got my hands on them I was truly impressed by the look and colour, but also the feel. Luxury.

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #4,115 of 4,490
The internal design is quite impressive, but for that much money, i'd like to get something the looks as good as it sounds.
Have you held one in your hands? I was sceptical from the photos, but when I got my hands on them I was truly impressed by the look and colour, but also the feel. Luxury.

I agree with AussieMick. I myself love the look of the Utopia more with the black / carbon / red, but when I got the Stellia they just kind of suck you in. The pictures do not do them justice on how nice they look in person.

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #4,116 of 4,490
Should've gone to Specsavers...:rolling_eyes::relaxed:

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #4,117 of 4,490
It does :o2smile:

Jan 27, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #4,118 of 4,490
I might have at CanJam SoCal, but it's hard to remember. I'll have to give them another shot in person sometime.

Jan 28, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #4,119 of 4,490
Have any of you paired a Stellia with a Soloist 3xp?
What is the experience?

Jan 30, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #4,120 of 4,490
I’ve not had Stellia for long, but I’m still gobsmacked how good it sounds, how comfortable it is, and how luxurious it is. Mono2/Poly or TT2. Incredible. Using an Aurealis silver/copper litz spiral from Mojo2/Poly and Nordost Heimdall 2 from TT2. I can’t stop listening.

Jan 30, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #4,121 of 4,490
E25B2F63-806C-4827-87D8-BB2CB6152B00.jpeg

Jan 30, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #4,122 of 4,490
I picked up a pair of like-new Stellias for $1575 this week. I have lusted after them and the Utopias for a long time, but I decided to go closed back for work travel and the fact that I can listen near my wife and not disturb. I also picked up a Gryphon and Mojo2 to compare for my to-go setup. I put the Gryphon back in the box after 30 minutes of A/B testing, to me it just did not compare musically to the Mojo2 and this is my first ever Chord product so I'm far from a fan boy. I even A/B tested the mojo2 against my Schitt Jot2/BF2 stack and while I need more testing there I felt like the mojo2 won there as well. I am just blown away by these two products!

I hope one day to add a Felik's Euphoria to my desk for these cans!
@pattont while Feliks Euforia is amazing, especially considering price tag, you need to listen to Feliks Envy unless you are looking for very intimate (almost romantic) soundstage. Don't get me wrong: there is nothing wrong Euforia, on contrary. It is just that Envy is so much better IMHO. On the other hand if both budget and space would not be an issue I can imagine myself owning both Euforia and Envy :wink:

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #4,123 of 4,490
Been looking at Stellias for a several months now, but they're very pricey so I couldn't just pull the trigger on them immediately. I'm pretty sure I watched and read all the reviews and lot of this thread and I have a question for Stellia owners here.

People seem to say conflicting things about them here and there, which is definitely understandable, as sound very a subjective topic. What I want to get a bit more info on is the bass performance. I'm a bit of a basshead, that is why listen to Liric mostly, closely followed by Radiance - they both have enough in the bass department for me. There is a problem with Radiance though, they are just not resolving enough. This is very obvious when swapping with Liric and I always miss that extra detail in the music that Liric can present. This is why I'm looking at Stellias and want to swap them with Radiance as my daily driver. Pretty much everyone universally agrees that Stellias have excellent resolution so I think will be happy with that, but I'm not so sure about the bass.

I've read several posts where people claimed that Stellia's bass is lacking in presence, is very soft, has no physicality, sounds dead and so on. Can someone elaborate a bit closer on the bass performance of Stellia. Especially in regard to Radiance, if possible, but apart from Kennerton headphones, I've listened to most closed-backs in 1000-2000$ price range. I would like to know if the mid bass punches as hard Radiance, and also how is the low bass rumble (which I personally find a bit lacking on Radiance, but acceptable)?

I need as much info as possible, as I live in a small country and I have no opportunity to demo them, so I'm pretty much buying them blind.

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #4,124 of 4,490
Been looking at Stellias for a several months now, but they're very pricey so I couldn't just pull the trigger on them immediately. I'm pretty sure I watched and read all the reviews and lot of this thread and I have a question for Stellia owners here.

People seem to say conflicting things about them here and there, which is definitely understandable, as sound very a subjective topic. What I want to get a bit more info on is the bass performance. I'm a bit of a basshead, that is why listen to Liric mostly, closely followed by Radiance - they both have enough in the bass department for me. There is a problem with Radiance though, they are just not resolving enough. This is very obvious when swapping with Liric and I always miss that extra detail in the music that Liric can present. This is why I'm looking at Stellias and want to swap them with Radiance as my daily driver. Pretty much everyone universally agrees that Stellias have excellent resolution so I think will be happy with that, but I'm not so sure about the bass.

I've read several posts where people claimed that Stellia's bass is lacking in presence, is very soft, has no physicality, sounds dead and so on. Can someone elaborate a bit closer on the bass performance of Stellia. Especially in regard to Radiance, if possible, but apart from Kennerton headphones, I've listened to most closed-backs in 1000-2000$ price range. I would like to know if the mid bass punches as hard Radiance, and also how is the low bass rumble (which I personally find a bit lacking on Radiance, but acceptable)?

I need as much info as possible, as I live in a small country and I have no opportunity to demo them, so I'm pretty much buying them blind.
I have both Radiance and Stellia. The Stellia is the much more resolving headphone of the two by some margin, but the bass isn’t as “big” on the Stellia. It’s more detailed and a LOT more textured and expressive, but a bass thumper it is not. It glues me to the midrange and dazzles with spatial effects.
Having said that, electronic music I don’t find lacking in the bass. The Stellia is doing something different, like it’s presenting all of the subtle detail that makes that music come alive. It always strikes me as wonderfully balanced. With bass heavy material I prefer it over the Radiance because it doesn’t give you just the obvious.
Those impressions are when driven by Mojo2/Poly and TT2.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #4,125 of 4,490
I have both Radiance and Stellia. The Stellia is the much more resolving headphone of the two by some margin, but the bass isn’t as “big” on the Stellia. It’s more detailed and a LOT more textured and expressive, but a bass thumper it is not. It glues me to the midrange and dazzles with spatial effects.
Having said that, electronic music I don’t find lacking in the bass. The Stellia is doing something different, like it’s presenting all of the subtle detail that makes that music come alive. It always strikes me as wonderfully balanced. With bass heavy material I prefer it over the Radiance because it doesn’t give you just the obvious.
Those impressions are when driven by Mojo2/Poly and TT2.
I agree with the balance of the Stellia’s.
The base is just right in my mind. I drive my Stellia’s with a FiiO K9 Pro and the sound is amazing. The Stellia’s really shine. Very precise and detailed. The inside design of the ear cups cancel most extraneous sound waves. You only hear the content of the music itself. If I had to use only one word to describe the Stellia’s it would be ‘precise’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back