Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 5, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #3,168 of 4,495
I replaced the stock XLR cable with these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143335831939

They are so beautifully made and quite thin and light so they have none of the stiffness of the stock cable.

I went for the 8-wire version. They came with a Neutrik 4-pin XLR and 1/4" adapter for SE use.

Sounds pretty nice to me. Is it better than the stock cable? I think so yes but that might be partly psychological ofc. 😉

(Kit is set up on a chest if drawers next to my bed as we're having building work done. Its normally housed neatly on a small rack.)

Attachments

• 20210205_110616.jpg
    20210205_110616.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #3,169 of 4,495
that is one expensive cable, about $800 canadian:slight_frown:

Indeed, I think the Stellias do pair well with UPOCC silver. They're so fast that they can make use of it.

I replaced the stock XLR cable with these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143335831939

They are so beautifully made and quite thin and light so they have none of the stiffness of the stock cable.

I went for the 8-wire version. They came with a Neutrik 4-pin XLR and 1/4" adapter for SE use.

Sounds pretty nice to me. Is it better than the stock cable? I think so yes but that might be partly psychological ofc. 😉

(Kit is set up on a chest if drawers next to my bed as we're having building work done. Its normally housed neatly on a small rack.)

Didn't know they had a preconfigured option on eBay. I just bought a Core+ myself but with a nice brown/black sleeve to match the Stellias. Artic has some great cables for much lower than some of their competitors. I'm thinking about getting their Signum+ if I like their Core+. I've tried their 4 wire and I love it. OFC Mogami in some ways sounds better to me than UPOCC Copper which sounds too smooth by comparison (maybe a slight bit more detail?)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #3,170 of 4,495
There are plenty of good options to choose from that is for sure, no matter what price range or flavor you are looking for In this hobby / passion.
Look at it this way sooner or later someone is going to surpass the Stellia it’s only a question of who and when. I just got lucky last year with 48 mo 0% financing on my Stellia.
One has to hear the Stellia to fully appreciate it as a closed back Or think it’s not worth the money to them.
Of note, it may be that a future headphone will be better than the Stellia’s, but as I am getting older, I may not be able to appreciate it:L3000:

Feb 6, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,171 of 4,495
that is one expensive cable, about $800 canadian:slight_frown:
a little less than 500 usd because I got in on the 20% off pre sale, it would have been around 80 or 90 cheaper if I didn’t do the adapter. I terminated the headphone side in 4.4 trrs for my m11 pro the adapter is 4.4 female to 4 pin XLR.
I am also trying to make my own just because I’m a diy kinda person, braiding is the most difficult part I still can’t seem to get it Very frustrating.

Feb 7, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #3,172 of 4,495
Of note, it may be that a future headphone will be better than the Stellia’s, but as I am getting older, I may not be able to appreciate it:L3000:
I think there is an element of truth in terms of detail and hearing certain frequencies but in terms of things like sound stage or bass response you will always be able to appreciate differences

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,173 of 4,495
I think there is an element of truth in terms of detail and hearing certain frequencies but in terms of things like sound stage or bass response you will always be able to appreciate differences
Sure I agree, just try to find arguments to prevent further “investments”:beyersmile:

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #3,175 of 4,495
Sure I agree, just try to find arguments to prevent further “investments”:beyersmile:
😂🤣 like that is going to happen in any male hobby / passion, unless you stopped totally but we all know we would just spend it elsewhere, cars, motorcycles, boats, RC, computers, hunting, fishing, shooting, 3D printers, photography etc, also let me know if it works.
that aside how well does the idsd pro sound with the Stellia and Arya as I was thinking of picking that up as my all in one solution how is the DAC?, wish they added the Xbass to that unit as well.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #3,177 of 4,495
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #3,178 of 4,495
Are you planning on replacing it with anything?

These headphones can never be replaced. :)

I have since moved into a bigger home and have a proper home office now, so I no longer need closed-back headphones and with the Utopia on hand already, I’m looking to let these go to a home that will use them a lot more.

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #3,179 of 4,495
😂🤣 like that is going to happen in any male hobby / passion, unless you stopped totally but we all know we would just spend it elsewhere, cars, motorcycles, boats, RC, computers, hunting, fishing, shooting, 3D printers, photography etc, also let me know if it works.
that aside how well does the idsd pro sound with the Stellia and Arya as I was thinking of picking that up as my all in one solution how is the DAC?, wish they added the Xbass to that unit as well.
FWIW: Haven’t had all the gear for that long. But I really enjoy both the Stellia’s and the Arya’s (and everything else I got) with the idsd pro. That investment was a big step up for me. I enjoy switching between the different modes, I.e. solid state and tube dependent on music, headphones and my mood:L3000:

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #3,180 of 4,495

Users who are viewing this thread

Back