Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #3,136 of 4,495
I have the Dekoni pads and I am currently trying them on my Radiance as those are my general purpose headphone and the Stellia are my music only closed back headphone.
I agree the Stellia’s are incredible.

I love the way the Radiance looks. Can’t blame you for having both!! I normally use the Senheiser HD800S at my desk and for gaming. Just in the middle of figuring out how to EQ them on the ADI 2 Dac today. What a mess!!

Chibs

Jan 25, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #3,137 of 4,495
+1 Another HD800s + Stellia person here :)

I use HD800s for classical music and Stellia for everything else.
Same combo here. They are are a perfect complement to each other in my opinion. The best closed headphone and best open back at any price, to me.

Jan 25, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #3,139 of 4,495
Could anyone suggest a cable for use with the Stellia and the Hugo 2 where the primary genre of music is EDM? Thanks 😊

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #3,140 of 4,495
Hey Stellia owners with larger ears or ears that touch the grill. I just swapped the earpads left to right, right to left side. Now my left ears doesn´t touch the grill anymore. Maybe it´s worth a try for those who prefer the original pads over the Dekoni (soundwise and/or comfortwise).

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #3,141 of 4,495
Just thought I would leave a quick Stellia update. I'm sitting here with it connected single ended to my ifi idsd Signature on eco mode.
Listening to Beachboys Tidal Masters tracks. More specifically, "In my Room". My Youngest enters my room with "Daddy, you said the HOLEY "S" word and I was not on Mute" Apparently I interrupted her entire zoom class without realizing that was even said out loud. I'm flabbergasted, just blown away with these cans and how they perform.

3A66E755-802B-4B20-ABF0-CCD68376BB63.jpeg

The new pads Focal sent me are definitely more comfortable. I’m not constantly adjusting and fidgeting with these like before. Having said that, still a bit sensitive to the clamp force for longer listening sessions.
Hopefully I get more used to this as time goes by.

Chibs

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #3,142 of 4,495
Just thought I would leave a quick Stellia update. I'm sitting here with it connected single ended to my ifi idsd Signature on eco mode.
Listening to Beachboys Tidal Masters tracks. More specifically, "In my Room". My Youngest enters my room with "Daddy, you said the HOLEY "S" word and I was not on Mute" Apparently I interrupted her entire zoom class without realizing that was even said out loud. I'm flabbergasted, just blown away with these cans and how they perform.

The new pads Focal sent me are definitely more comfortable. I’m not constantly adjusting and fidgeting with these like before. Having said that, still a bit sensitive to the clamp force for longer listening sessions.
Hopefully I get more used to this as time goes by.

Chibs
Looks like I’m going to have to grab a set of replacement pads from focal now as I run into the same issue of adjusting and fiddling.
have you tried running balanced, have you tried the Xbass? I find Xbass is great with the Stellia On my pro ican.
I was thinking of selling my black label and picking up one of these in the future due to it being balanced.
‘the Stellia never ceases to amaze when you get a well recorded song, try George Benson MQA this masquerade it’s like being in a jazz club.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #3,143 of 4,495
Looks like I’m going to have to grab a set of replacement pads from focal now as I run into the same issue of adjusting and fiddling.
have you tried running balanced, have you tried the Xbass? I find Xbass is great with the Stellia On my pro ican.
I was thinking of selling my black label and picking up one of these in the future due to it being balanced.
‘the Stellia never ceases to amaze when you get a well recorded song, try George Benson MQA this masquerade it’s like being in a jazz club.
I tried Balanced early on but prefer the rubber single ended cable to the balanced mess that came with Stellia. Getting a balanced cable from Pariapt, currently in limbo with the post though. Also having a cable / kit made by Hart that I'm pretty excited to get as well. I use Xbass more than not and really enjoying that Signature all together. Not sure how it compares to the black label but I ended up choosing it over the newer and more expensive Diablo. Mainly reason being it has to much power for Stellia.

Comparison I posted here

Thanks for the recommendation, will add it to the que for my next listen. Finding some awesome tracks from people on here!

Chibs

Jan 28, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #3,144 of 4,495
I tried Balanced early on but prefer the rubber single ended cable to the balanced mess that came with Stellia. Getting a balanced cable from Pariapt, currently in limbo with the post though. Also having a cable / kit made by Hart that I'm pretty excited to get as well. I use Xbass more than not and really enjoying that Signature all together. Not sure how it compares to the black label but I ended up choosing it over the newer and more expensive Diablo. Mainly reason being it has to much power for Stellia.

Comparison I posted here

Thanks for the recommendation, will add it to the que for my next listen. Finding some awesome tracks from people on here!

Chibs
Funny for all the people who dislike the supplied balanced I have no problem with it other than being a little long, that said I do have a Norm Draug 3SC that will be here Friday.
Ifi's Xbass implementation is quite good in my opinion especially on the pro I can where you can choose the feq range where it does it's thing.
The black label is the older version of what you have.

Jan 28, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #3,145 of 4,495
Jan 28, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #3,146 of 4,495
Here's a review of the new Celestee with comparison to the Stellia at the bottom:
https://www.audioholics.com/headphone-reviews/focal-celestee-headphone-high-end-cost-conscious

Seems the Celestee represents great value.

Of course the margin from Celestee to Stellia won’t be 3x like the price represents. Diminishing returns are certainly in full effect at this end of the spectrum.

Thankfully I bought my Stellia new on sale for $2300 USD (3k AUD), so the price difference is not that dramatic.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #3,148 of 4,495
Hey Stellia owners with larger ears or ears that touch the grill. I just swapped the earpads left to right, right to left side. Now my left ears doesn´t touch the grill anymore. Maybe it´s worth a try for those who prefer the original pads over the Dekoni (soundwise and/or comfortwise).

My Stellia stock cable just went bad earlier this week. Left side went dead. I hunted around and ended up buying a Corpse cable. Not the gravedigger, their standard cable. I got it today and I'm listening to the phones with that cable as I write this. The cable is fantastic. It doesn't tangle, it's not microphonic, and it sounds GOOD. I won't go out on a limb and say it for certain sounds better than the stock cable, but right now it sure seems like it does, every so slightly. Could be the old cable was just trash though and that's the reason for the difference in sound quality. Anyway, I can recommend this cable replacement. Hopefully it lasts longer than the 8 months the stock cable lasted.

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #3,149 of 4,495
My Stellia stock cable just went bad earlier this week. Left side went dead. I hunted around and ended up buying a Corpse cable. Not the gravedigger, their standard cable. I got it today and I'm listening to the phones with that cable as I write this. The cable is fantastic. It doesn't tangle, it's not microphonic, and it sounds GOOD. I won't go out on a limb and say it for certain sounds better than the stock cable, but right now it sure seems like it does, every so slightly. Could be the old cable was just trash though and that's the reason for the difference in sound quality. Anyway, I can recommend this cable replacement. Hopefully it lasts longer than the 8 months the stock cable lasted.
Hey, I don’t know why you quoted my post because I told nothing about cables but only talked about pads. But anyways, have fun listening with your new cable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back