Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #2,326 of 4,488
Probably seems like a relatively stupid question considering 3,000 dollar headphones but can anyone comment on gaming on the Stellias? I made the mistake of trying these out today in a local audioshop and was blown away. Immediately I want to sell my z1rs and th-900s.

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #2,329 of 4,488
Jun 29, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #2,331 of 4,488
Well I still love them, but then I decided to try the th-900s and also loved those, then tried the z1rs and loved them the most after that... Now its the stellias. So I'm hoping to sell the rest =)

If you had Focal Clears with MDR-Z1R, I would've traded. GL finding a pair.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #2,332 of 4,488
Well I still love them, but then I decided to try the th-900s and also loved those, then tried the z1rs and loved them the most after that... Now its the stellias. So I'm hoping to sell the rest =)
The good thing is: You reached the top of the closed back headphones (alongside with the ZMF verite closed that is another flavor in the same top sound category). So now you only need a new top of the line DAC, or DAP, a dedicated amp, and all the upgrade cables in between. If you‘re as fast as you have been with the headphones, that job is done until the end of summer! :wink:

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #2,333 of 4,488
Probably seems like a relatively stupid question considering 3,000 dollar headphones but can anyone comment on gaming on the Stellias? I made the mistake of trying these out today in a local audioshop and was blown away. Immediately I want to sell my z1rs and th-900s.
I guess I could give gaming a try some point soon. I tend to use my k712 for gaming as I wouldn't want to wear out the (expensive) pads on either my Utopia or Stellia by using it not for it's main purpose.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #2,334 of 4,488
the th900 and z1r both have moar bass than the stellia

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #2,338 of 4,488
Auditioned all 3 extensively and landed on Stellia as it does indeed sound the best.

Z1R and TH909 are fun, but I found the Stellia to be more engaging with greater detail.

Soundstage is better on the Z1R I will say.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #2,339 of 4,488
I own the Z1R and Stellia ... if you just want bass but a decent headphone then the Z1R is great but the Stellia is a far more accomplished headphone.
I will not sell the Z1R as, when in the mood, it is great, but atm the Stellia is all I am listening to ! I own the Utopia too and they are not getting a look in !

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #2,340 of 4,488
i was under the impression from your posts in the th900 and z1r threads that bass presence was a priority. the stellia has a more balanced presentation no doubt.
Honestly, being a new confused audiophile I'm finally getting a sense of what I like.
i was under the impression from your posts in the th900 and z1r threads that bass presence was a priority. the stellia has a more balanced presentation no doubt.
I thought so too myself, and without any eq out of the box- the demo unit at the store sounded perfect. I do love the bass, and they had plenty. The detail is just phenomenal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back