Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 10, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #3,932 of 4,488
I also really like the Utopia's and Stellia's on my Zen stack (Zen Can/Zen Dac V2). They sound excellent with xBass and 3D+engaged :)
I took a look at your impressive gear inventory. You comment resonates with me. I've heard the Stellia with the Zen stack and really enjoyed it = I could listen to that combo for hours. I'm curious if you ever spend any extended time with the Stellia and either TT or Mojo2. I've been close to pulling the trigger on some chord gear but have been hesitant given what little I know about the sound signature.

Apr 10, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #3,933 of 4,488
I took a look at your impressive gear inventory. You comment resonates with me. I've heard the Stellia with the Zen stack and really enjoyed it = I could listen to that combo for hours. I'm curious if you ever spend any extended time with the Stellia and either TT or Mojo2. I've been close to pulling the trigger on some chord gear but have been hesitant given what little I know about the sound signature.
Chord gear is transparent and superb at extracting the details out of music. Each step up the chain the sound gets more natural and resolving. Bass is always tight and fast, no matter what component you get. They are as true to the source as you can find in a DAC. The iFi gear is warmer and not as insightful, but slightly more musical in comparison.

I love Chord because I'm obsessed with details, clarity, and resolution. I let my headphones add the flavor. So I want my front end as transparent as possible. This is where Chord gear excels.

Apr 10, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #3,934 of 4,488
I’m in the process of evaluating the Stellia head to head with the Meze Lyric. It’s still too early to come to any conclusions. Just wondering if anyone else here has done this comparison already?

Here you go, CMA posted his closed back shootout and in it sets Stellia vs Liric. Seems like Stellia is more accomplished technically for him, sitting astride VC, but he seems to really enjoy the sound signature of Liric and says it's a preference thing. They seem different enough that a serious audition of both, or purchase of both would probably be wise to decide.

Also shows how much preferences play into things. When I first auditioned Stellia the guy gave me the VC to listen to. I liked them, but literally said I thought the Stellia sounded £1000 better (I had no idea about VC price). Ive since heard VC on a decent chain and it really is comparable to Stellia imo, just without the gorgeous aesthetics and portability :wink:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Liric won't even come close for me. I also directly compared Empyrean to Stellia before buying and it was no contest for my preferences.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #3,936 of 4,488
Lotoo paw gold touch ti with the stellia is an amazing combo. Listening to the cure on this set ups right now

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #3,937 of 4,488
I've had some time with the Lyric and Stellia. For a "spot on" review of these two (I don't have experience with ZMF or Audeze Closed), please see the CMA YouTube=Closed Back Shootout 2022 post from a few days ago. He does an excellent job of comparing capabilities and use cases. Ultimately for me I'm going to send my Lyric's back. For my personal preferences and use case I enjoyed the warm and elevated/extended low frequency of the Lyric, however, I found myself missing the micro details of the treble range as well as (in my opinion) far superior vocals/midrange of the Stellia. Lyric does win HANDS DOWN on comfort. This is coming from an already exceptionally comfortable Stellia. One last note...the Lyric was much more "picky" on DAC/Amp combos than my Stellia. Hope this is helpful for those considering these two closed backs. (If I could...I would keep them BOTH!)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #3,938 of 4,488
I've had some time with the Lyric and Stellia. For a "spot on" review of these two (I don't have experience with ZMF or Audeze Closed), please see the CMA YouTube=Closed Back Shootout 2022 post from a few days ago. He does an excellent job of comparing capabilities and use cases. Ultimately for me I'm going to send my Lyric's back. For my personal preferences and use case I enjoyed the warm and elevated/extended low frequency of the Lyric, however, I found myself missing the micro details of the treble range as well as (in my opinion) far superior vocals/midrange of the Stellia. Lyric does win HANDS DOWN on comfort. This is coming from an already exceptionally comfortable Stellia. One last note...the Lyric was much more "picky" on DAC/Amp combos than my Stellia. Hope this is helpful for those considering these two closed backs.
Hehe i love both the liric and stellia. Liric for electronic stuff and stellia for other stuff. Stellia does win for vocals definitely

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #3,939 of 4,488
gazzington...thank you for that...you reminded me that I neglected to say, "If I could...I'd keep em BOTH" :)

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #3,940 of 4,488
Apr 12, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #3,941 of 4,488
Since we seem to have some similarities in our collections...I'd love to hear how you rate your Verite Closed (I can't wait to audition these some day) compared to the Stellia...

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #3,942 of 4,488
Although I haven't tried Stellia with Mojo, one chap at our office had a go at these cans with Go blu and said it was better than he initially expected, especially given its size. So who knows, maybe there's something there :)
+1 the Stellia's and the Go Blu are much better than expected....

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #3,943 of 4,488
+1 the Stellia's and the Go Blu are much better than expected....
Another +1, just spent a 4 hour train ride with that combo. And to no one’s surprise, it works great with the Pro iCAN Signature and the Micro iDSD Signature as well.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #3,944 of 4,488
I second that emotion: the Stellias work superbly with the ifi iDSD Black Label or Signature. Also with the iBasso DX240.

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #3,945 of 4,488
the Stellias work superbly with the ifi iDSD Black Label or Signature.

After reading so much feedback about this pairing it's time to apply some pressure internally at our office and kindly ask for buying these cans :D

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back