Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #2,927 of 4,499
Yup, the Stellia headphones sound fantastic. I've mentioned this before, but the $1K discount on the Arche makes the device a compelling DAC/Amp purchase as the two products have natural synergy. I toggle between the voltage, hybrid and Stellia settings depending on what I want. I recently added a Bluesound node 2i, which also exceeded my expectations in terms of ease of use, functionality, and sound.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #2,928 of 4,499
Yup, the Stellia headphones sound fantastic. I've mentioned this before, but the $1K discount on the Arche makes the device a compelling DAC/Amp purchase as the two products have natural synergy. I toggle between the voltage, hybrid and Stellia settings depending on what I want. I recently added a Bluesound node 2i, which also exceeded my expectations in terms of ease of use, functionality, and sound.
bluesound node 2i is so easy to use and aims way above it's price point, use mine with stellias and a bryston hp

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #2,929 of 4,499
That's awesome, I absolutely love my Stellia. I purchased these blind after almost 7 years away from Headfi. Sound aside, I honestly think these are the best looking headphones in the audiophile world and was a major reason in deciding. I researched a bunch of other headphones and really couldn't bring myself to buying any of those because they just look so... weird. No doubt everything sounds on par more or less but damn, some these other companies need to take note from Focal and make headphones that don't look like something out of a 80s dollar store.
7 years away from headfi? How did you do that? 😆

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #2,930 of 4,499
7 years away from headfi? How did you do that? 😆

Haha, I don't recall the exact reason but I think it was just a change in interest. Glad to have come back, I've never enjoyed music more than I am now.

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #2,931 of 4,499
Haha, I don't recall the exact reason but I think it was just a change in interest. Glad to have come back, I've never enjoyed music more than I am now.
you must have saved alot of money being away from this crazy hobby for 7 years:beyersmile::beyersmile:

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #2,932 of 4,499
you must have saved alot of money being away from this crazy hobby for 7 years:beyersmile::beyersmile:
LOOOL tell me about it, it just started with "I think I will just buy a new pair of headphones" then before you know it you're emptying your wallet, that's when I remembered the old "Welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet"

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,933 of 4,499
I recently came back after 3 years away. I always had the upgrade urge, but by not reading on here daily removed the temptation and I was able to quash it and enjoy what I had.
A bit of boredom during covid resulted in me following here more frequently.
I now have Stellia, 2 new amps, a new DAC and a bunch of cables and connectors.
My wallet says time to leave for a while again!

Edit - forgot to add have a transport and new headphone stand ordered as well. Think the Stellia will look stunning on a Samdi leather stand!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #2,935 of 4,499
Unedited picture, pretty great-looking combo. Now it is time for some tube rolling.

Attachments

• 20201130_212709.jpg
    20201130_212709.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #2,936 of 4,499
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. I recently just purchased a pair of Stellia however it will be coming with damaged pads with the owner suggesting to replace them. Someone already mentioned to me that the Stellia sound best with their stock pads and should not be replaced by another pair of different focal headphone pads.

However they never tested them with dekoni pads so wondering if anyone has used dekoni pads with their Stellia and know if it is as good or better than the stock pads.

Appreciate the help!

Nov 30, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #2,937 of 4,499
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. I recently just purchased a pair of Stellia however it will be coming with damaged pads with the owner suggesting to replace them. Someone already mentioned to me that the Stellia sound best with their stock pads and should not be replaced by another pair of different focal headphone pads.

However they never tested them with dekoni pads so wondering if anyone has used dekoni pads with their Stellia and know if it is as good or better than the stock pads.

Appreciate the help!
I’ve never seen any positive feedback on the dekoni pads for Stellia. You can try them but you’ll definitely want a pair of original pads too.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #2,938 of 4,499
Does anyone have recommendations on how to deodorize and clean their Stellia's without damaging or staining the leather? I just got them delivered today after I bought it from a user here and they smell :S

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #2,939 of 4,499
Does anyone have recommendations on how to deodorize and clean their Stellia's without damaging or staining the leather? I just got them delivered today after I bought it from a user here and they smell :S
furniture stores have leather cleaning products that shouldn't stain the leather

Users who are viewing this thread

Back