Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Sep 10, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #2,746 of 4,499
If I could only have one headphone, it would also be the Stellia. It sounds amazing and since it's closed and super easy to drive it can be used in more environments than many other TOTLs. Though I'm waiting to play with the Verite Closed which is the only contender I know of for TOTL closed backs. I may end up keeping both, sorry wallet. :sweat_smile:

Sep 11, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #2,747 of 4,499
Something new around the corner :)

683BF0CB-F4C8-442A-B61F-FA874E181ECC.png

Edit: maybe this time a „real“ closed back with better isolation (priced between the Elegia and the Stellia?) :wink: We will see ...

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #2,748 of 4,499
That works? I thought the HEKSE connectors were TRS as opposed to the TS on the Focal. Does the opposite work too - Focal cables on the HEKSE?
I didn't see a response to this after scanning the thread, so does anyone know the answer to this question? I thought balanced headphones cables always terminated the cable-headphone connection with TRS jacks, but the stock Stellia XLR cable terminates with a TS jack. Why is that? That doesn't sound balanced...

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #2,749 of 4,499
If I could only have one headphone, it would also be the Stellia. It sounds amazing and since it's closed and super easy to drive it can be used in more environments than many other TOTLs. Though I'm waiting to play with the Verite Closed which is the only contender I know of for TOTL closed backs. I may end up keeping both, sorry wallet. :sweat_smile:

Appreciate your thoughts on the Stellia; from the reviews of the VC too, I think your wallet is going to take a beating! I know my intention was to replace all my headphones with the Stellia but who am I kidding; adding to the collection is the more likely outcome; +1 for sorry wallet :sweat_smile:

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #2,750 of 4,499
Something new around the corner :)

Edit: maybe this time a „real“ closed back with better isolation (priced between the Elegia and the Stellia?) :wink: We will see ...

Could be Elegia replacement and/or $1000 BT. Certainly looking forward to the catching the big reveal. Certainly glad it is not sporting Stellia-like color that turns too many heads.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #2,751 of 4,499
Could be Elegia replacement and/or $1000 BT. Certainly looking forward to the catching the big reveal. Certainly glad it is not sporting Stellia-like color that turns too many heads.
Someone guessed it will be a wireless/ blue tooth / noice cancelling headphone. That sounds probable. Someone else postet it would cost 2650 $. But let’s wait and drink coffee :)

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #2,753 of 4,499
question to those who own utopia and stellia,

do u guys feel stellia being more comfortable than utopia?
and is imaging/structural definition on par w utopia?

i still like utopia but comfort is an issue, many thanks!

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #2,755 of 4,499
question to those who own utopia and stellia,

do u guys feel stellia being more comfortable than utopia?
and is imaging/structural definition on par w utopia?

i still like utopia but comfort is an issue, many thanks!

I own both and the Stellia more comfortable. It’s lighter and the leather feels softer.

Utopia give me a little pain on top of my head over time but the Stellia doesn’t.

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #2,756 of 4,499
I own both and the Stellia more comfortable. It’s lighter and the leather feels softer.

Utopia give me a little pain on top of my head over time but the Stellia doesn’t.

glad to know someone has a similar issue as i do w the top of their head haha..

sonically then, what do u feel u r missing out with Stellia compare to Utopia?

Sep 12, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #2,757 of 4,499
glad to know someone has a similar issue as i do w the top of their head haha..

sonically then, what do u feel u r missing out with Stellia compare to Utopia?

Not a lot really. I only use my Stellia in my work office, where I need a closed back. I run them off different gear also (Hugo 2 for Stellia and V281 for Utopia).

I should probably do an a/b comparison. I’d probably find them quite similar however I still have the need for separate use cases.

Sep 12, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,758 of 4,499
I didn't see a response to this after scanning the thread, so does anyone know the answer to this question? I thought balanced headphones cables always terminated the cable-headphone connection with TRS jacks, but the stock Stellia XLR cable terminates with a TS jack. Why is that? That doesn't sound balanced...
i'm wondering the same thing

but i think (not sure) that regardless of whether trs or ts is used that there is still two wires going to each headphone connection so it just comes down to how things are wired (i guess for the trs).

if so my question is does that mean there is no extra potential interference issues on either the trs or ts?
is the output power/vilume the same between the two options?
can you use either of these trs or ts plugs with either suited jacks or not?

if anyone can help educate that would be great

(i can't find info on heapdhone connectors but only on the amp end of the cable)

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #2,759 of 4,499
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #2,760 of 4,499
The included Stellia cables are TS on the headphone side, which goes for both the short cable with a 3.5mm unbalanced termination and the long cable with a XLR termination. I also have an after-market cable with a 4.4mm balanced plug splitting to 2 TRS connections on the headphone end, and this also works fine. There is no real volume difference between the XLR-TS and the 4.4-TS cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back