Focal Sphear earphones
Jul 9, 2015 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 166

god-bluff

Headphoneus Supremus
Jul 9, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 166
And the price: £100. Not bad at all. Should vary by country.

The Focal Spirit Professional is one of my favorite headphones, but I will probably never buy the Sphear. When it comes to IEMs, I'm mainly interested in high-end CIEMs.

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 166
Ouuuiiii!!!! 

Totally looking forward to it. Shouldn't get too excited to avoid disappointment. But I'm so hooked on the 4 Spirits (One, One S, Pro & Classic) that I can no longer listen to any other headphones. According to the first overviews (at Les Numeriques), the Focals are slightly V-shaped; though their overview implies a very good sound with exceptional comfort. 

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/casque-audio/focal-sphear-p27231/intras-focal-sphear-sont-a-redaction-n43669.html 

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 166
Well I've got to like my Spirit Classics so much I'm contemplating selling most of my other headphones!

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 166
Earphones? No. These are Sphearphones.
cool.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #7 of 166
These have been reviewed in the latest Hifi Choice 4.5/5 'refined and dynamic' in other words typical Focal. A sound signature I have got to like. May pick up a pair at some stage.

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 166
  Definitely interested in these. Hope to see more impressions soon. Tyll's measurements look pretty good.

The measurements do look quite good actually.  The 9dB bass bump may be a bit much IMO...  But they look exceptionally clean from the 500 Hz on up with great extension.  I'm trying to get my hands on these, we'll see how that turns out.  

Aug 11, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #13 of 166
Any initial thoughts?

The box was a lot smaller than I thought it would be.  
wink.gif

To be honest, something came up last night and I did not even get a chance to open them up.
I really hope to get a small sample of them tonight while they do a little burning in.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 166
Aug 12, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 166
Ok, been listening to the Sphear for a few days now...

Things I like so far:
- Comes with mutliple sized foam tips
- Nice function from the the remote control

Things I don't like so far:
- Not that comfortable, unless you wear the buds in the wrong ears
- Seems to have a thin sound in the mids/highs, waiting on more burn in.
- Bass seems out of control.  All over the place.

I need more time with these, but so far I am not that impressed.  Time will tell if both the Sphear and I change our tunes.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back