Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Mar 15, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #3,693 of 4,891
Can anyone recommend a travel/storage case for the Elegia? I have inexplicably lost mine in a house move, and need something to replace it with...
Focal sells these like $150 IIRC, you can find them second hand for $80ish... for that price I suggest you make sure it's basically new or unused though, but I am sure a lot of budget Elegia buyers are willing to get discount by not keeping the case

Mar 15, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #3,694 of 4,891
Can anyone recommend a travel/storage case for the Elegia? I have inexplicably lost mine in a house move, and need something to replace it with...
Look at the Dekoni website

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #3,695 of 4,891
Mar 16, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #3,698 of 4,891
Thanks guys, i'm in the UK and alas can't find the dekoni bag here. I might try and get it shipped from Drop, but any thoughts on this?
Be careful.

As @lpd2 said, Focal chassis are wide. And portions of the headband are plastic, so you may end up with a broken headband that can't be replaced, trashing your Elegia, if you squeeze it too much to fit into a tight case.

I would make damn sure Focals fit in that case before buying.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #3,699 of 4,891
The Focal headphones fit in the Dekoni cases at least that's what it says on the site but I can't say for sure since I've never tried them.

Also, I just have to say I love this headphone and they are becoming one of my favorites for sure. They sound great with all the electronic music I listen to and I've always loved just how good the Focals are with imaging and separation. The depth of field on them is just outstanding and the bass has quite a bit more thump to it than my Elear did along with better texture as well.

Mar 19, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #3,700 of 4,891
The Focal headphones fit in the Dekoni cases at least that's what it says on the site but I can't say for sure since I've never tried them.

Also, I just have to say I love this headphone and they are becoming one of my favorites for sure. They sound great with all the electronic music I listen to and I've always loved just how good the Focals are with imaging and separation. The depth of field on them is just outstanding and the bass has quite a bit more thump to it than my Elear did along with better texture as well.
They are very impressive, especially with the Dekoni Stellia pads. I am in the middle of a quick rotation of my collection, but I went with these for a day and a half. Everything sounds great on them, rock or jazz.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #3,702 of 4,891
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/re-release-dekoni-audio-ear-pads-for-the-focal-stellia.962682/

So uhhhh now these are no longer "limited" and we can get it anytime, would you guys recommend getting the Elegia?

Keep in mind I don't plan to EQ, would the pad be enough to push it into the "non EQ" category?

Thanks!
I don't EQ because I stink at it -- and I always wanted a little "EQ" for a slightly more elevated mid-bass, but since I've had these now-not-limited-edition pads, I've not wanted to EQ it at all -- they're just right. :)

Mar 25, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #3,705 of 4,891
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/re-release-dekoni-audio-ear-pads-for-the-focal-stellia.962682/

So uhhhh now these are no longer "limited" and we can get it anytime, would you guys recommend getting the Elegia?

Keep in mind I don't plan to EQ, would the pad be enough to push it into the "non EQ" category?

Thanks!
The Stellia pads made all the difference to me. I found stock lacking and the sheepskin changed the sound. But the Stellia pads kept the stock sound, but made it a little bassier. Very nice.
Just speaking for me but, if I HAVE to EQ a headphone, I would just move them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back