Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Dec 21, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,286 of 4,854
Has anyone compared the Dekoni Stellia pads with the Elite Sheepskin? Wondering what differences you heard.
I compared them a few pages back.

TL;DR: Stellia pads were more spacious sounding (better soundstaging) with more air, and just overall superior. Sheepskin are warmer.

I returned the Stellia pads because I wanted the warmer sound of the sheepskins to contrast with my more neutral DCA Ether CX.

If this were my only headphone, I would get the Stellia pads.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #3,289 of 4,854
I got black rubber with the pair I bought last month from Adorama. It's pretty stiff and dreadful. But the headphones sound fantastic!
Same. I think a cable upgrade is the first upgrade for these.

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #3,291 of 4,854
Was there a cable revision on the elegia? Just got my pair from adorama and it included black rubber cable instead of the cable shown in zreview at 5:30 mark
Yes. They come with the same cable as the Radiance now. The revision took place this summer.
The Elegia has never been discontinued like many believed they were.
Here in France you can still buy them brand new from many stores. The price drop makes them such a good deal!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #3,292 of 4,854
Yes. They come with the same cable as the Radiance now. The revision took place this summer.
The Elegia has never been discontinued like many believed they were.
Here in France you can still buy them brand new from many stores. The price drop make them such a good deal!
If I am not mistaken - and I could be - sometime last year, the Elegia disappeared from Focal's website. This was around the time when sites like Adorama were offering the headphone with a hefty discount. In fact, I purchased mine for about 50% off (~$450).

This was probably the catalyst for starting rumors of the Elegia's demise.

Dec 22, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #3,294 of 4,854
I got a balanced cable from Hart Audio and really like it. They have some around that price point.
Same here, but if you do order from them, my suggestion is to stick with the stock offerings ("Touch of Grey" or "Red"). These have wrappings that are very soft and flexible (for lack of a better word). I have a few other from the custom side, and the cable wrappings are very stiff and springy, making them nearly impossible to coil for storage (not unlike the stock Focal cables).

Another suggestion is Sky Audio Cables (eBay only) out of the UK. Might take a bit longer, but the guy also makes very nice braided cables for reasonable prices.

Dec 22, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #3,295 of 4,854
I got my Elegias yesterday. Came with the black rubberized cable. I cannot really listen to them before Xmas Eve, when I'll be surprised to find them under the tree... I did make a quick check though, they work and sound beautiful. I tested also with the Meze balanced cable, can confirm that they work just fine. Total test time 30 mins, then back to the box. :)

Dec 22, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #3,298 of 4,854
I got my Elegias yesterday. Came with the black rubberized cable. I cannot really listen to them before Xmas Eve, when I'll be surprised to find them under the tree... I did make a quick check though, they work and sound beautiful. I tested also with the Meze balanced cable, can confirm that they work just fine. Total test time 30 mins, then back to the box. :)
I bet you passed the marshmallow test as a kid :)

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #3,299 of 4,854
Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #3,300 of 4,854
Sneaky, sneaky, Santa! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back