Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Dec 1, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #3,181 of 4,854
Just ordered my Elegia's tonight. $379.00 at Adorama.

Yeehaw!!

Dec 1, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #3,182 of 4,854
Just ordered my Elegia's tonight. $379.00 at Adorama.

Yeehaw!!
Even cheaper now? Crazy! Do they refund you the difference if it's within like a week? Lol. Still good at $399 too. Insane deal I swear. Been enjoying these the past few days.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #3,183 of 4,854
I just ordered the Dekoni Stellia pads the other day. Should be here tomorrow. Hoping they work some magic because I've really been itching to buy an actual set of Stellia and I don't think my bank account would appreciate that 😂

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #3,184 of 4,854
I just ordered the Dekoni Stellia pads the other day. Should be here tomorrow. Hoping they work some magic because I've really been itching to buy an actual set of Stellia and I don't think my bank account would appreciate that 😂
The Dekoni Limited Edition Stellia pads are 👍🏽 for the Elegia for me.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #3,185 of 4,854
Oooh, eager for your feedback. I'm considering the same swap. Please be my ear test guinea pig! :)

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #3,186 of 4,854
I'm also curious about the Dekoni pads...but did u read their graph right? Less bass??

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #3,187 of 4,854
I'm also curious about the Dekoni pads...but did u read their graph right? Less bass??
Not sure which Dekoni pads you're talking about -- but I know that the Limited Edition Stellia pads on the Elegia definitely elevate the bass, maybe not the sub bass, but definitely it has a thicker sound to my ears overall down low.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #3,188 of 4,854
Not sure which Dekoni pads you're talking about -- but I know that the Limited Edition Stellia pads on the Elegia definitely elevate the bass, maybe not the sub bass, but definitely it has a thicker sound to my ears overall down low.
Yeah, I saw what the description said. They say it elevated the bass. Then the graph showed a few decibels lower. 🤔 I must be reading it wrong.

Oh. "Sub-bass" you say. Yes, that's where I was looking.

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #3,189 of 4,854
Currently comparing the Elegia (Dekonis Stellia pads) with the DC Aeon 2 noire. (Stock pads)

Amp is the Singxer SA1 in low Gain mode. Both headphones use balanced XLR cables.
IMG-20211127-WA0008.jpeg

The Elegia where 540€ + around 200€ for the Stellia pads and a 3 meter balanced cable (bit fancy with silver coating).

The Noire where 777€ (black friday)+ a 1 Meter long XLR extension cord for 35€.

So the price is not really that different between them.

So far I can say that both have their advantages for different types of music.

Personally I feel like the noire are more comfortable. My wife prefers the look and the style of the elegia.

The Noire weight less and are easier to transport since they are foldable.

The Noire are more difficult to drive but my Singxer SA1 still manages just fine in low gain mode.

I definitely prefer the Elegia for music with bass (daft punk, Heilung, till Lindemann, Manson).

But the Noire are just beautiful with Neil young at carnegie Hall, nick cave ghost seen, John Lennon imagine, Meiko Kaji.

The soundstage is wider.. and there seems to be more "room" where the music travels. Feels more like listening to loudspeakers in my opinion.

But the elegia are ahead when it comes to delivering that exciting "punch".

The Noire feel more relaxed and laid back. Less exciting but definitely not boring.

The Noire are really fun for open world video games like death stranding as well.

But I definitely need to compare them more. So far I really like both and wouldn't say one absolutely destroys the other.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #3,190 of 4,854
Received my Dekoni Stellia Ltd pads for my Elegia this morning. Initial impressions are that they are decent. I don't know that they increased bass much, I think what's happening is the isolation is better allowing you to hear the bass that's been there all along but leaking out or being absorbed by the stock pads. I wasn't able to notice any loss in sub bass levels. It seems to bring out the midbass a bit more too which makes me feel like it gives the music a little more body without taking away from anything else. It does seem to bring in the soundstage a bit closer, but not in a bad way and I really had to listen to it to notice. Imaging is still great and unaffected.

Pads are generally comfortable but feel like they'll be quite a bit warmer when wearing them for long periods like I do when I'm working.

All in all I don't think the pads were a terrible buy, I think the increased isolation is what the Elegia's have needed all along to make them what they should have been from the start. I'm sure I'll still end up with a pair of Stellia's at some point, but I think with these pads now I'll be skipping the Celestee and going straight for the top when I'm ready.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #3,191 of 4,854
Currently comparing the Elegia (Dekonis Stellia pads) with the DC Aeon 2 noire. (Stock pads)

Amp is the Singxer SA1 in low Gain mode. Both headphones use balanced XLR cables.
IMG-20211127-WA0008.jpeg

The Elegia where 540€ + around 200€ for the Stellia pads and a 3 meter balanced cable (bit fancy with silver coating).

The Noire where 777€ (black friday)+ a 1 Meter long XLR extension cord for 35€.

So the price is not really that different between them.

So far I can say that both have their advantages for different types of music.

Personally I feel like the noire are more comfortable. My wife prefers the look and the style of the elegia.

The Noire weight less and are easier to transport since they are foldable.

The Noire are more difficult to drive but my Singxer SA1 still manages just fine in low gain mode.

I definitely prefer the Elegia for music with bass (daft punk, Heilung, till Lindemann, Manson).

But the Noire are just beautiful with Neil young at carnegie Hall, nick cave ghost seen, John Lennon imagine, Meiko Kaji.

The soundstage is wider.. and there seems to be more "room" where the music travels. Feels more like listening to loudspeakers in my opinion.

But the elegia are ahead when it comes to delivering that exciting "punch".

The Noire feel more relaxed and laid back. Less exciting but definitely not boring.

The Noire are really fun for open world video games like death stranding as well.

But I definitely need to compare them more. So far I really like both and wouldn't say one absolutely destroys the other.
Thanks for that feedback. Keep it coming!

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #3,192 of 4,854
Received my Dekoni Stellia Ltd pads for my Elegia this morning. Initial impressions are that they are decent. I don't know that they increased bass much, I think what's happening is the isolation is better allowing you to hear the bass that's been there all along but leaking out or being absorbed by the stock pads. I wasn't able to notice any loss in sub bass levels. It seems to bring out the midbass a bit more too which makes me feel like it gives the music a little more body without taking away from anything else. It does seem to bring in the soundstage a bit closer, but not in a bad way and I really had to listen to it to notice. Imaging is still great and unaffected.

Pads are generally comfortable but feel like they'll be quite a bit warmer when wearing them for long periods like I do when I'm working.

All in all I don't think the pads were a terrible buy, I think the increased isolation is what the Elegia's have needed all along to make them what they should have been from the start. I'm sure I'll still end up with a pair of Stellia's at some point, but I think with these pads now I'll be skipping the Celestee and going straight for the top when I'm ready.
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

As I think I posted here, I listened to the Celestee and Stellia in early November. The Celestee were nice, but I wasn't thinking of ways to find $1,000 of discretionary income to buy them. After I tried the Stellia, I was wondering which vital organ I could spare and donate for the $3K cash to buy the Stellia. They were that good.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #3,193 of 4,854
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

As I think I posted here, I listened to the Celestee and Stellia in early November. The Celestee were nice, but I wasn't thinking of ways to find $1,000 of discretionary income to buy them. After I tried the Stellia, I was wondering which vital organ I could spare and donate for the $3K cash to buy the Stellia. They were that good.

If I where to upgrade the Elegia I would probably save up the money for the Stellia as well and get them as B-Stock / open box for around 2000€

But I kinda lost all interest in the clear, Celeste etc.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #3,195 of 4,854
Yeah, I saw what the description said. They say it elevated the bass. Then the graph showed a few decibels lower. 🤔 I must be reading it wrong.

Oh. "Sub-bass" you say. Yes, that's where I was looking.
Yeah, I never found the Elegia to be lacking sub-bass with the stock pads -- it's that it was a little lean in the mid-bass, not the sub-bass. My ears really hear no loss of sub-bass probably because most of my music has more above that region and so overall most of my music sounds beefier with the Limited Edition Stellia pads. It's not as if sub-bass disappeared. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back