Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV
Feb 3, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #4,278 of 5,632
Now I understand why the "Utopia" is called "the best headphones"

Simply put: Dynamic, air and atmosphere are out of this world good! Unbelievably natural and lifelike

Wait! Wait for it! You haven't had it long enough. It gets better :laughing: :headphones:✅

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Feb 3, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #4,280 of 5,632
Now I understand why the "Utopia" is called "the best headphones"

Simply put: Dynamic, air and atmosphere are out of this world good! Unbelievably natural and lifelike

A candidate for dynamic for sure.

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #4,281 of 5,632
regardless of whether you have the stock or uber expensive after-market cables connected to it i suspect. looking forward to giving it another audition in the not too distant future.

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #4,282 of 5,632
regardless of whether you have the stock or uber expensive after-market cables connected to it i suspect. looking forward to giving it another audition in the not too distant future.

Cables is always the last thing in the chains, but Utopia is not "hype", and that ridiculous pricing is not helpful either. But you can't believe it until you hear it though. It is the "real-deal"

Next step I will need to check it out with some movies :D

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #4,284 of 5,632
i have heard it and was very impressed

Agreed, and while it is that impressive, it is not hard to drive either. It can scale pretty well with much more sophisticated amplifier, but out of Wm1z it is singing so well too! Wm1z and Utopia is like the ultimate portable system on the go for cans lovers :D

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #4,285 of 5,632
Agreed, and while it is that impressive, it is not hard to drive either. It can scale pretty well with much more sophisticated amplifier, but out of Wm1z it is singing so well too! Wm1z and Utopia is like the ultimate portable system on the go for cans lovers :D

Have you ever compared swapping out the WM1Z and using an iPhone (for example) into a Mojo or Hugo and then Utopia connected ?

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #4,286 of 5,632
I am already out of this world
biggrin.gif
...can not imagine what would more be-like. I probably will be intoxicated by audio nirvana. Neither my cables, nor the Utopia is burned-in ...Yet...LoL

I envy you, yesterday, I had to take the demo pair that my dealer had loaned me.  I'm crossing my fingers that my new utopia will come in today. I'd have great weekend for sure.

I'm surprised at how easy they are to drive. I've tried them straight from the headphone output of my CD player and also my reel to reel tape recorder, and they both drove them with ease.

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #4,287 of 5,632

its efficiency is another of its strengths imo

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #4,288 of 5,632
Have you ever compared swapping out the WM1Z and using an iPhone (for example) into a Mojo or Hugo and then Utopia connected ?

I would, but I don't have those :)
its efficiency is another of its strengths imo

Yes, absolutely is !

I envy you, yesterday, I had to take the demo pair that my dealer had loaned me.  I'm crossing my fingers that my new utopia will come in today. I'd have great weekend for sure.

I'm surprised at how easy they are to drive. I've tried them straight from the headphone output of my CD player and also my reel to reel tape recorder, and they both drove them with ease.

I would be sorry for your wallet if you give it a listen :wink: .

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #4,289 of 5,632
Something is to note that the stock Utopia cables is ideal for balanced applications such as XLR and or Pentaconn 4.4mm with the 5th pole for ground or shielding. I can confirm that instead of spending money on the upgraded expensive cables for Utopia right away, you can save up and perhaps even be satisfied with the stock cables re-terminate into balanced. It has a proper shielding built into it !

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #4,290 of 5,632
I would, but I don't have those
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, absolutely is !
I would be sorry for your wallet if you give it a listen
wink.gif

It's too late for my wallet, I'm currently waiting for my very own pair of Utopia.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back