Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,591 of 1,720
Pretty weird - thought i'd try apple music on my iPhone 13 via a wired connection to see if they'd fixed it using the camera connector and a lightning to usb c lead and now I get the "not enough power " error - didnt ever do that before ....
Tidal sounds better in my opinion. But that's on android. Technically it should be the same on apple
(only commenting on the streaming service, not the issue itself. Sorry)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #1,594 of 1,720
I find the volume settings on the Bathys irritating - either just too loud or not quite as loud as I would like. It's driving me mildly nuts. I don't have this problem with my Dali IO-6 or B&O H9 3G. It doesn't seem to matter what I do with EQ, the issue remains. Any suggestions?

Dec 3, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #1,595 of 1,720
I find the volume settings on the Bathys irritating - either just too loud or not quite as loud as I would like. It's driving me mildly nuts. I don't have this problem with my Dali IO-6 or B&O H9 3G. It doesn't seem to matter what I do with EQ, the issue remains. Any suggestions?
If you are using android try disabling absolute volume in developer options (someone suggested that to me, works like a charm)

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #1,598 of 1,720
The Volume will be separated, so you can adjust max volume on your headphones by your headphones. And adjust it on your phone out of that max. that you have set
Where possible, and it may not always be possible with good results, it is a good idea to set the volume on the source as high as possible and adjust the volume on the headphones… A way to understand why is say some one whispers something versus says it in a normal voice. The whisper does not have as much information due to the limited dynamic range. An amplified whisper would likely sound worse than an amplified normal volume. So you’d rather have the maximum amount of information and either raise or lower at the receiver end. So try maximizing the source as high as you can that still allows you to get the desired volume with adjusting the headphone volume.

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,599 of 1,720
Where possible, and it may not always be possible with good results, it is a good idea to set the volume on the source as high as possible and adjust the volume on the headphones… A way to understand why is say some one whispers something versus says it in a normal voice. The whisper does not have as much information due to the limited dynamic range. An amplified whisper would likely sound worse than an amplified normal volume. So you’d rather have the maximum amount of information and either raise or lower at the receiver end. So try maximizing the source as high as you can that still allows you to get the desired volume with adjusting the headphone volume.
That's interesting 🤔, I will try that.
Thank you

Dec 4, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,602 of 1,720
The Volume will be separated, so you can adjust max volume on your headphones by your headphones. And adjust it on your phone out of that max. that you have set
It's fiddly but it does work. I maxed the volume on the phone first and then fine-tuned on the headphones. I just have to remember to drop the volume on the phone again when I've finished! I wish Focal would fix this problem properly. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #1,603 of 1,720
It's fiddly but it does work. I maxed the volume on the phone first and then fine-tuned on the headphones. I just have to remember to drop the volume on the phone again when I've finished! I wish Focal would fix this problem properly. Thanks again for the suggestion.
You tried for example usb audio player pro? I do not have bathys but when used dongle with volume uapp excludes android volume

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,605 of 1,720
You tried for example usb audio player pro? I do not have bathys but when used dongle with volume uapp excludes android volume
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to have to use a DAC. I just want the volume to work like other headphones. I guess I either live with the problem, Focal fixes it or I sell them. I'm hoping for option 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back