Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 15, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #706 of 1,723
If budget ain't an issue take it up a notch and grab a Stellia. I use them with iFi Go Blu and it's absolutely insane what they can do even over bluetooth. Strong upgrade from Celestee/Elegia (and I'd bet Radiance).

Not surprised Radiance edges Bathys out in a big way. Makes DMS' odd review even more surprising, saying he swapped Radiance for Bathys as he actually prefers the sound quality of the latter. Must be a very personal preference.
Strangely I preferred the Radiance to Stellia. I might try Stellia again.

I am finding the harshness of Bathys to be unbearable with thinner voices.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #707 of 1,723
Nov 15, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #708 of 1,723
Makes DMS' odd review even more surprising, saying he swapped Radiance for Bathys as he actually prefers the sound quality of the latter. Must be a very personal preference.
To be fair, I think he's looking at the Bathys holistically being a wireless headphone. Considering he has a ton of wired closed/open back headphones, he probably accepted the compromises of the Bathys as his "go to" wireless headphones.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #709 of 1,723
To be fair, I think he's looking at the Bathys holistically being a wireless headphone. Considering he has a ton of wired closed/open back headphones, he probably accepted the compromises of the Bathys as his "go to" wireless headphones.
He wasn't clear but I think he was legitimately saying he prefers the sq of Bathys over Radiance. Maybe youre right, it was ambiguous.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #710 of 1,723
He wasn't clear but I think he was legitimately saying he prefers the sq of Bathys over Radiance. Maybe youre right, it was ambiguous.
Yeah, even if you're right - it's just some YouTuber's opinion (even if he knows his stuff).

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #711 of 1,723
So I actually solved my two issues with the Bathys (volume steps and Not falling back to Aptx HD) with the this form Creative Labs. It works flawlessly and connects my S22 Ultra and Pixel 7 Pro via Aptx Adaptive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WZSHZN2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
51jE207eVVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
In my experience the Sennheiser BTD 600 is better unless you need the ability to swap between headphones. Neither works with iphone without extra power though, but work fine with ipad with USB-C port.

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #712 of 1,723
In my experience the Sennheiser BTD 600 is better unless you need the ability to swap between headphones. Neither works with iphone without extra power though, but work fine with ipad with USB-C port.
By "neither works" are you referring to the Bathys? The Bathys USB mode works just fine with any late model iPhone (12 and above) without the need for "extra power", just an OTG cable or dongle, as has been stated countless times in this thread.

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #713 of 1,723
By "neither works" are you referring to the Bathys? The Bathys USB mode works just fine with any late model iPhone (12 and above) without the need for "extra power", just an OTG cable or dongle, as has been stated countless times in this thread.
Maybe read and make an effort to understand the post before replying? Both BTD 600 and Creative BT-W4 are BT aptX adaptive dongles.

Nov 15, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #715 of 1,723
Maybe read and make an effort to understand the post before replying? Both BTD 600 and Creative BT-W4 are BT aptX adaptive dongles.
Maybe you should take a basic course in how to write properly and clearly before insulting other members of this forum. I asked for clarification BECAUSE your post was not clear. And my question was not a personal attack but your response to my question is clearly an called for personal attack. Not cool.

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #716 of 1,723
Maybe you should take a basic course in how to write properly and clearly before insulting other members of this forum. I asked for clarification BECAUSE your post was not clear. And my question was not a personal attack but your response to my question is clearly an called for personal attack. Not cool.
I replied in the same tone that you wrote in. Stop playing the victim and reread your own post, especially the last line. If what I wrote is an insult then what is yours?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #718 of 1,723
So Sennheiser BTD 600 works with Samsung mobil phones like 22 Ultra?
Would expect it to do so, but I can't guarantee it as I do not have android available. It does work with my iphone as long as I have extra power available and direct from my ipad (it comes with USB-C adapter). Take care to only connect the headphones to only one device when using adaptive though, as I had breakup/dropouts with both dongles when connecting to more than one device at the same time. I do have some issues with the BT-W4 when swapping sample rates (playback stops being transmitted), both on IOS/IPADOS and windows, but no such issues with the BTD 600.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #720 of 1,723
I have the budget for it so it’s ok. Not concerned about price, just performance.

Can use iFi Gryphon with Radiance as a wireless solution.

I cannot take Bathys outside as would be robbed in minutes. So this is a desk solution for watching TV at night.
I’d use some of your budget to move to a better neighborhood where you won’t get robbed :) or get a gun and/or big dog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back