Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 14, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #676 of 1,723
Damn I feel I’m feeling in love with bathys. The more I listen to them the more I leave px8 on the desk… will be a revealing weekend for me to decide. But I guess I I’ve already decided….
Same here. I feel like they are sounding better with every new day. Even the ANC became better and the soundstage wider. No explanation for that.

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #678 of 1,723
Nov 14, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #679 of 1,723
I actually find myself using the Bathys in USB-C DAC mode when I'm WFH, tethered to my desk, moreso than my other open-back (wired) headphones.

The Bathys sounds much better and it doesn't remind me that these are BT headphones.

Nov 14, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #682 of 1,723
Just use the USB-C to USB-C that comes with the Bathys, unless you believe in magic cables.
You can't use it on the iPhone with USB-C to USB-C without the OTG (anything) cable/dongle.

Nov 14, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #684 of 1,723
I actually find myself using the Bathys in USB-C DAC mode when I'm WFH, tethered to my desk, moreso than my other open-back (wired) headphones.

The Bathys sounds much better and it doesn't remind me that these are BT headphones.

Same here. The USB C mode is a very airy sound compared to what it is in wired. So glad I can take this wherever I went now without the usual hassle.

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #685 of 1,723
Interesting debate, I think we are seeing the start of wireless headphones being able to compete with their wired counterparts, it's the inevitable future.
I think we’re still a ways off…. Even CD quality 1.4 Mbps is beyond the capabilities of Bluetooth. I have many FLACs that are 6 Mbps and higher. And that’s not even counting DSD

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #686 of 1,723
I’m still having a rather baffling issue with these puppies. The short version is that to listen to music from my iPhone 12 Pro Max (latest iOS…), I have to start playing the music on my phone and then turn the headphones on. Then they connect and play fine. But if I pause the music, I have to turn off the headphones, start the music, and then turn them on again. Then they connect and start playing fine again.

I’m not having this issue with my Nvidia Shield btw.

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #687 of 1,723
I’m still having a rather baffling issue with these puppies. The short version is that to listen to music from my iPhone 12 Pro Max (latest iOS…), I have to start playing the music on my phone and then turn the headphones on. Then they connect and play fine. But if I pause the music, I have to turn off the headphones, start the music, and then turn them on again. Then they connect and start playing fine again.

I’m not having this issue with my Nvidia Shield btw.Thats
That's odd, I haven't experienced that type of issue and I'm using the Bathys with a 13 Pro Max with a iOS beta. If you pause it, it should stay connected. Just need to see if that happens with my setup since this is only day 4. So, I literally just turned mine on and it automatically connected to the phone as I'm texting a friend (all the reply sounds coming through instantly). Pressed play for a podcast I was listening to earlier... no issue.

I'd try deleting the bluetooth pairing for the Bathys on the iPhone and pair it again.

Nov 15, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #689 of 1,723
It’s not even close to Focal Radiance. The Radiance is a mountain ahead in just about everything.
Well except if you wanna go without wires or need ANC....
Apples & oranges, you know.

Nov 15, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #690 of 1,723
Yeah I don't have these issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back