Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 9, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #646 of 1,723
Traveling alot in my work, both train and plane. For me BT is THE solution. As a hign end nörd :) the Bathys is an revelation to go with. Home state of the art gear is a totally different. Bathys give me good musical experience over a great singel malt at the airport bar!!!!
My thoughts exactly. I cant bring my floorstanders or even travel with my open backed headphones so then I prefer mobile closed cans. And if I can get rid of the cable and have some ANC that is a huge bonus.

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #648 of 1,723
With the sound sample provided by the guy, his EQ sound really worse compared to the original one (ok, it's youtube etc...)
I understand what he wanted to do, but I wonder if he didn't do his EQ just by looking at the curves.

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #649 of 1,723
IMO this is why Bathys is making sense to so many "non-audiophiles" who just love the convenience of great sounding music on the go and don't mind trading the inconvenience of a ~1M cable attachment to their mobile against the long wait and high cost of AptX Lossless (on replacement headphones + mobiles).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-224519.png
    Screenshot_20221109-224519.png
    888.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221109-230952.png
    Screenshot_20221109-230952.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 9, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #650 of 1,723
IMO this is why Bathys is making sense to so many "non-audiophiles" who just love the convenience of great sounding music on the go and don't mind trading the inconvenience of a ~1M cable attachment to their mobile against the long wait and high cost of AptX Lossless (on replacement headphones + mobiles).
Man, I’d call myself an audiophile and the Bathys is nearly my perfect headphone. It has so much versatility - I can use it with my phone as a DAC walking around, wireless watching a movie on a flight, or plugged into my laptop at work with the SQ it provides is unmatched. The 5909 trump them only in SQ and by offering passive mode, but aren’t usable walking around in DAC mode (and aren’t usable walking around due to their high levels of footstep clank for me).

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #651 of 1,723
Man, I’d call myself an audiophile and the Bathys is nearly my perfect headphone. It has so much versatility - I can use it with my phone as a DAC walking around, wireless watching a movie on a flight, or plugged into my laptop at work with the SQ it provides is unmatched. The 5909 trump them only in SQ and by offering passive mode, but aren’t usable walking around in DAC mode (and aren’t usable walking around due to their high levels of footstep clank for me).
I feel the same way.

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #652 of 1,723
First time see bathy's internals. Wow!! In the right ear cup, the tech circuits take so much spaces and the drivers barely fit in the space!! Compare to Celestee's internals, so many damping and acoustic materials to help Celestee sound even better!! They both use same drivers and what a sound difference!! Come on, if Bathys' internal is similar to Celestee, it would sound way better!

Nov 10, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #653 of 1,723
First time see bathy's internals. Wow!! In the right ear cup, the tech circuits take so much spaces and the drivers barely fit in the space!! Compare to Celestee's internals, so many damping and acoustic materials to help Celestee sound even better!! They both use same drivers and what a sound difference!! Come on, if Bathys' internal is similar to Celestee, it would sound way better!
You do realize that wireless headphones require circuitry to function, right?

Nov 10, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #654 of 1,723
With the sound sample provided by the guy, his EQ sound really worse compared to the original one (ok, it's youtube etc...)
I understand what he wanted to do, but I wonder if he didn't do his EQ just by looking at the curves.
Anyone trying to convey the sound of a headphone through a youtube clip deserves very little attention...
I bet the Celestee would sound very silent without a cable though... :)

Nov 10, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #655 of 1,723
You do realize that wireless headphones require circuitry to function, right?
Seriously...this guy :beyersmile:

Also their goal was to make it compact and lightweight for travel (fit in a travel case and goal weight of 350g). That's why it took them three years to get the engineering dialed in to make it work with those limitations.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #656 of 1,723
Can anyone please help me on the cable lightning/usb c that works for the iPhone 14 pro max and btw I have an iPad Air with usb c , if I connect the cable directly to bathys will work?

Thank you in advance

Edit: forgot to mention I’m in europe because I saw here in this topic someone talking about an anker cable otg but I don’t find it in europe.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #657 of 1,723
Can anyone please help me on the cable lightning/usb c that works for the iPhone 14 pro max and btw I have an iPad Air with usb c , if I connect the cable directly to bathys will work?

Thank you in advance

Edit: forgot to mention I’m in europe because I saw here in this topic someone talking about an anker cable otg but I don’t find it in europe.
For the iPad Air with USB-C just connect the Bathys to the iPad using the included USB-C to USB-C cable and set the Bathys to DAC mode.

For the iPhone with a lightning connection use the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter along with a USB-A to USB-C cableand set the Bathys to DAC mode.

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #658 of 1,723

Thank you in advance

The mentioned Anker cable was a usb-c to usb-c cable:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B093GGVB89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The quality feels a bit better than the included Focal cable.

The mentioned OTG usb-c to lightning cable was from Meenova:

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/gp/product/B09Q2MQMQF?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #659 of 1,723
Disregard

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #660 of 1,723

Users who are viewing this thread

Back