Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Oct 4, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #91 of 1,722
I'm gonna wait for these to show up at dealers with a good return policy, then I'll order one.
My dealer has a 14 day return policy plus offers 2y warranty, in line with EU regulations. Only too bad that headphones never last 2y on my end. I usually get upgraditis way before that 😁

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #93 of 1,722
I am super interested in comparison with px8 to be honest. They are not far off price-wise and visually well it is disputable...
Visually the PX8 looks much better IMO, but the Bathys looks much more comfortable with those large ear cups. And I can't see the headphones when I'm wearing them, but I can definitely feel them, so comfort much more important to me.

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #94 of 1,722
I'm gonna wait for these to show up at dealers with a good return policy, then I'll order one.
Same, these sound phenomenal from what's been said. I've got the PX8s on pre-order.

Seems all shops currently have the Bathys only on pre-order as well.

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #95 of 1,722
I am super interested in comparison with px8 to be honest. They are not far off price-wise and visually well it is disputable...
i own exclusively focals and B&W headphones pretty much, in my experience Focal are a lot more comfortable and have a better tonal balance and technical performance. Meanwhile B&W have an irresistable house sound and looks.

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #97 of 1,722
I don't even need ANC closed backs, but I want these.

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #98 of 1,722
Just got confirmation that @DekoniAudio will develop earpads also for the Bathys. It will not be immediate, more like next year, but they will once they get a pair in their hands :)

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #100 of 1,722
I have them in stock here in UK

Once you guys go BrexIN again, I will definitely order again with you @PhilW ... Audio Concierge is a stellar retailer and @PhilW offers stellar service!

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #101 of 1,722
Cool, just ordered them through Crutchfield. Love their 60 day return policy, no questions asked, no restocking fees.

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #102 of 1,722
Damn, I've already bought the 109 pro and new Auido technica tws this past month!

But these looks really interesting as well, my only worry is the battery and headband, how easy would it be to replace? Hopefully focal offers to service them for a small fee?

I've also not experienced the greatest comfort with focal cans previously.
I also just got the Meze and while I wasn't shopping for portable, I do travel with the Elegias from time to time so the Bathys are pretty appealing. I'll wait until they have LDAC though.

In the meantime, the BTR5 (or any other of the many portable DAC/amps) solves this travel problem pretty well. Still a cable and no noise cancellation, but that's ok for now.

Oct 4, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #103 of 1,722
I also just got the Meze and while I wasn't shopping for portable, I do travel with the Elegias from time to time so the Bathys are pretty appealing. I'll wait until they have LDAC though.

In the meantime, the BTR5 (or any other of the many portable DAC/amps) solves this travel problem pretty well. Still a cable and no noise cancellation, but that's ok for now.
Thankfully I have APTX HD on my N8ii, because my Samsung S22 Ultra is not ideal for the Bathys as travelling headphones, as Samsung refuses to support APTX HD. Only normal APTX and LDAC. So yes, I too will eagerly await LDAC to arrive on the Bathys. Let's hope that rumour really is true ... !!

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #105 of 1,722
Just pre-ordered a pair as well. Will be interesting to compare them directly to the PX8's that I also have pre-ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back