Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Jul 15, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #1,216 of 1,723
Any news on how to disable ANC completely.

This is ridiculous my ears are fatigues over 30min after not using them. I had them on 10minutes without music. None of the anc modes are any close to being comfortable

Im speechless of the test persons they have used for this headphone.

Its georgious beautiful but a pain for my eardrum.

Going right back!

Jul 15, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #1,217 of 1,723
Any news on how to disable ANC completely.

This is ridiculous my ears are fatigues over 30min after not using them. I had them on 10minutes without music. None of the anc modes are any close to being comfortable

Im speechless of the test persons they have used for this headphone.

Its georgious beautiful but a pain for my eardrum.

Going right back!
The way the electronics are implemented, there is no way to disable the ANC.

Jul 16, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #1,218 of 1,723
The way the electronics are implemented, there is no way to disable the ANC.
Thanks. They are packed and going back to the store👍

Too expensive for such an annoying experience

Jul 16, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,219 of 1,723
Hi everyone.
I have Focal Bathys, used to listen to them through Samsung S8 and they sounded great.
Bought a new phone now, Sony Xperia 1 V. And now they sound pretty bad, can no longer listen to them for longer periods. Have any of you had this issue with Sony Phone. Have tried every setting possible but still no luck. Bass is no longer natural, there is no separation in sound. Now Bathys sound like cheap headphones. So something is wrong with the software in this Sony product. Such a shame considering this is an expensive phone.
I would appreciate any tips..
(Update: issue is solved after running Software Repair program on Sony)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #1,220 of 1,723
Hi everyone.
I have Focal Bathys, used to listen to them through Samsung S8 and they sounded great.
Bought a new phone now, Sony Xperia 1 V. And now they sound pretty bad, can no longer listen to them for longer periods. Have any of you had this issue with Sony Phone. Have tried every setting possible but still no luck. Bass is no longer natural, there is no separation in sound. Now Bathys sound like cheap headphones. So something is wrong with the software in this Sony product. Such a shame considering this is an expensive phone.
Does this affect both, BT and DAC mode?

Jul 16, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,221 of 1,723
Does this affect both, BT and DAC mode?
Its in Bluetooth, In DAC mode the sound was toned down quite a bit, so I didn't bother listening too long for differences in detail. But I tried connecting the phone to my speakers in my car and the bass was unnatural totally butchered. For the first time I could not listen to music in my car for longer period. So there is something wrong with software in Sony Xperia 1 V. What a shame, especially when they advertise that they are good for headphones

Jul 16, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,223 of 1,723
Its in Bluetooth, In DAC mode the sound was toned down quite a bit, so I didn't bother listening too long for differences in detail. But I tried connecting the phone to my speakers in my car and the bass was unnatural totally butchered. For the first time I could not listen to music in my car for longer period. So there is something wrong with software in Sony Xperia 1 V. What a shame, especially when they advertise that they are good for headphones
Look for Dolby options in settings. Some phones have it turned on by default and it can affect sound quite badly.

Jul 16, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #1,224 of 1,723
Any thoughts on sound quality when compared to Focal Radiance?
I can compare them to Elegia/Celestee, which are of the Radiance ilk technically but different tuning. The full sized Focal closed backs just sound plain better than Bathys in about every concievable way, sure no DSP, but you get a more spacious presentation, more detail, better instrument seperation and just a much more impressive overall sound. For me it's not close at all, and I find it hard to believe anyone using Bathys side by side with these larger closed backs would honestly think it competes with them.

But the full sized focals make you look like a melon in public, Bathys cups are wayyy smaller. Putting them side by side it's about half the linear size so 1/3rd or less the volume. When you realise that volume is also stuffed with electronics you see why the Bathys can't compete with full sized headphones, there's a lot more constraints to deal with. They still sound absolutely great, though.

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,226 of 1,723
Hi everyone.
Every phone model that i search for and im interested in, there are forums for every single one saying there are bluetooth audio issues. Several people report having issues after updating to android version 13.
Generally i prefer android.
Can anyone suggest a good mobile phone that would work well with Focal Bathys.
Samsung S23+/Ultra has removed aptx from their phones for some reason.
Samsung S22+/Ultra struggle with audio bluetooth after upgrading to android 13. Found several people complaining about that
I would consider Iphone 14 pro / max if anyone can confirm that they work fine, because same thing here i found forums saying that bluetooth audio is bad.
Now i dont know if i should return Sony Xperia 1 V...

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #1,227 of 1,723
Every phone model that i search for and im interested in, there are forums for every single one saying there are bluetooth audio issues. Several people report having issues after updating to android version 13.
Generally i prefer android.
Can anyone suggest a good mobile phone that would work well with Focal Bathys.
Samsung S23+/Ultra has removed aptx from their phones for some reason.
Samsung S22+/Ultra struggle with audio bluetooth after upgrading to android 13. Found several people complaining about that
I would consider Iphone 14 pro / max if anyone can confirm that they work fine, because same thing here i found forums saying that bluetooth audio is bad.
Now i dont know if i should return Sony Xperia 1 V...
I have an iPhone and a galaxy fold. But, with my bathys, I use a Creative USB C transmitter to get aptx adaptive 24 bit 96khz to get the beat quality audio transmission to the Bathys. Creative Bt-w5

Jul 17, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,229 of 1,723
I have an iPhone and a galaxy fold. But, with my bathys, I use a Creative USB C transmitter to get aptx adaptive 24 bit 96khz to get the beat quality audio transmission to the Bathys. Creative Bt-w5
You don't have power issues using the BT-W5 with the iPhone?
I have the Sennheiser BTD 600 and the only way they work with my 14 Pro Max is if I add power.

Jul 17, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #1,230 of 1,723
You don't have power issues using the BT-W5 with the iPhone?
I have the Sennheiser BTD 600 and the only way they work with my 14 Pro Max is if I add power.
Ah. Yeah, 3rd party mfi dongle, so the power message doesn't come up. As long as it's mfi certified, should work, and i think only rhe Apple brand gives power message
Screenshot_20230717_073440_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back