Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Sep 15, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #1,321 of 1,711
Focal App Update with support for MIMI Hearing like Beyerdynamic.
Sounds great for my old ears.

https://mimi.io/
Does this personalization supplant the equalizer presets or can they be used together?

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #1,323 of 1,711
Together!
Thank you @ameise, very cool! One other question is whether personalization makes the changes individually for right vs. left ear or sums them up. I ask becasue the hearing test result is a single graph, not one for each ear, suggesting it is a summative.

Sep 15, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #1,325 of 1,711
I picked up a 1.5m carbon C-C cable used for a good price for this purpose. Good length and as pliable as a usb cable can be.
I tried the Audioquest Forest usb c to lightning cable and couldn't get a thing out of it, by rights i should have but got no sound, maybe their was a lack of power from source to the Bathys, an iphone 14 pro max in this case, i don’t know. I’m always looking to improve sound quality but at 61 with slight tinnitus in one ear i’m not sure it’s worth persevering past the stock usb c cable that comes with them 😩

Sep 15, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #1,326 of 1,711
I tried the Audioquest Forest usb c to lightning cable and couldn't get a thing out of it, by rights i should have but got no sound, maybe their was a lack of power from source to the Bathys, an iphone 14 pro max in this case, i don’t know. I’m always looking to improve sound quality but at 61 with slight tinnitus in one ear i’m not sure it’s worth persevering past the stock usb c cable that comes with them 😩
The stock cable has a fantastic sound with plenty of highs (that are needed for older ears) :wink: That being said, I think the Forest cable wasn‘t „OTG“ certified, that was most certainly the problem why you couldn‘t hear anything.

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #1,329 of 1,711
It seems crazy to me that people would shell out $150 for extremely marginal improvements on a $600 pair of headphones. Might as well just buy a more expensive pair rather than an overpriced cable.
Totally agree. Save your money for a $2k headphone where you can do things like pad rolling that will have more impact than any cable or amp swapping.

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #1,332 of 1,711
Did the Mimi test. Nice addition. Does anyone here turn the intensity up? I see it has it at 50% set by the app. Couldn't find any info about the intensity online

Sep 16, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #1,334 of 1,711
Did the Mimi test. Nice addition. Does anyone here turn the intensity up? I see it has it at 50% set by the app. Couldn't find any info about the intensity online
When I was trying it it seems like how much they boost your sound corrections.

I am trying it at 100% to get a feel for it, not sure if I like it more or not though

Sep 16, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #1,335 of 1,711
When I was trying it it seems like how much they boost your sound corrections.

I am trying it at 100% to get a feel for it, not sure if I like it more or not though
I definitely like it at 50%. I feel it was certainly a good addition. I'm just not sure if I want to increase it above 50%. Definitely loving the Bathys via apex adaptive with my ROG phone 7 ultimate and the Dirac spatial audio built into the phone. Sounds sooo good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back