Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Aug 9, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #1,141 of 1,769
I'm still on firmware 1.5.2 but about to update to 1.5.4. Is this recommended? What are the changes? Sad I missed 1.5.3 😢
ASFAIK there was no 1.5.3 update. That being said, I think there are other, more important things, to be sad about in this crazy world 😜
Anyways, one of the changes I found out is that in dark mode now the EQ works like it should.

Aug 9, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #1,142 of 1,769
ASFAIK there was no 1.5.3 update. That being said, I think there are other, more important things, to be sad about in this crazy world 😜
Anyways, one of the changes I found out is that in dark mode now the EQ works like it should.
Thank you, this has alleviated my sadness to some extent.

Aug 10, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #1,143 of 1,769
Does not connect in APTX HD with my Fiio M15. Otherwise the sound is excellent, typically focal, especially in USB C.
Hi,

Was thinking of getting a pair, also have the Fiio M15, did a f/w update ever fix the issue that the M15 does not connect with AptX HD?

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #1,146 of 1,769
So just had a demo of Bathys. But really odd. So initially I just connected straight with a USB C to C cable. Fiio M15 noted a connected a USB device and I hit confirm to use it. When I did this audio was fairly quiet and could not be altered via the M15 or the headphones.

Guy in the store gave me a Fiio OTG adapter to plug cable into. But seemed to make no difference. When the pop up came up saying USB device plugged in, if I clicked cancel, audio still worked, but was now really loud, again no volume controls worked!

Via the settings within the Fiio music app ‘USB output’ was on. ‘USB volume control’ mode was ‘adaptable’ and could not be changed to ‘Software volume’ ‘background volume control’ was also on. I played with these settings but no difference! Could never change volume of plugged in, any ideas?

Posted in the M15 forum as well, but thought maybe this issue may occur in other devices as well?!?

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #1,147 of 1,769
So just had a demo of Bathys. But really odd. So initially I just connected straight with a USB C to C cable. M15 noted or connected a USB device and hit confirm to use it. When I did this audio was fairly quiet and could not be altered via the M15 or the headphones.

Guy in the store gave me a Fiio OTG adapter to plug cable into. But seemed to make no difference. When the pop up came up saying USB device plugged in, if I clicked cancel, audio still worked, but was now really loud, again no volume controls worked!

Via the settings within the Fiio music app USB output was on. USB volume control mode was ‘adaptable’ and could not be changed to ‘Software volume’ ‘background volume control’ was also on. I played with these settings but no difference! Could never change volume of plugged in, any ideas?

Posted in the M15 forum as well, but thought maybe this issue may occur in other devices as well?!?
Hmm. Does not happen when I use my S22 Ultra.

Will have to try with my Hiby R6 Pro II and my iPad.

Aug 12, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #1,148 of 1,769
So just had a demo of Bathys. But really odd. So initially I just connected straight with a USB C to C cable. Fiio M15 noted a connected a USB device and I hit confirm to use it. When I did this audio was fairly quiet and could not be altered via the M15 or the headphones.

Via the settings within the Fiio music app ‘USB output’ was on. ‘USB volume control’ mode was ‘adaptable’ and could not be changed to ‘Software volume’ ‘background volume control’ was also on. I played with these settings but no difference! Could never change volume of plugged in, any ideas?

This might be a silly question, but where you able to control volume directly on Bathys...
I don't have any dap. Just my phone Sony Xperia 1 V and I listen in dop mode, and always click cancel when it asks to connect otherwise there is no sound.

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,149 of 1,769
This might be a silly question, but where you able to control volume directly on Bathys...
I don't have any dap. Just my phone Sony Xperia 1 V and I listen in dop mode, and always click cancel when it asks to connect otherwise there is no sound.
Hi,

No the volume buttons on the headset didn’t change the volume. However on the M15 the display shows the volume changing (same if using the volume knob on the M15 as well) but no actual impact on the volume.

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #1,154 of 1,769
Dynamic EQ doesn't get the best out of them IMO.
I actually find Dynamic EQ to be my preference for most genres and recordings, but understand we all have different ears!

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #1,155 of 1,769
Honestly the driver in Bathys is capable of so much it's a crime Focal didn't spend the cash and get LDAC support from Sony. Imagine getting basically the same as the wired performance but wireless.

Maybe they could add it in a firmware update like Fiio did with UTSW5. Anyone seen any indications of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back