Foam tips for Klipsch Custom 3
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

andogrando

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of Klipsch Custom 3's which I'm very satisfied with.
After trying out the different tips, I decided to use the large dual-flange ones, as the others seem to slip out of my ears, or be too big.
They do their job fine, although they sometimes are a bit uncomfortable. (like a itchy feeling in the ears.)
After discussing with some forum members, I ordered a set of Shure Olives in medium size. (EA910M)
I recieved them today, and of course I tried them. To my first question, how deep into the ear-canal should the foam tips be seated?
Compared to the dual-flanges, the olives isn´t even near. (with the dual-flanges, the Custom 3's are as deep as they can be into my ear. With the olives, they are sticking out a bit from the ear.)

The olives doesn't seem to give the same level of isolation as the dual-flanges. (I notice this as the bass "disappears")
Do you think I need to order small olives instead? (They aren't that cheap... :frowning2: )
How do you compress the foam before putting the earphones in?

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
x2 on the small and the go super deep, yep all the way in.

i always worry the tips will come off in my ear but never have yet

I have had shure silicon tips come off the custom 3 in my ear, its a tweezer job to remove them 
eek.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Has anybody tried Complys with their Custom 3s? I'm in the same boat as the OP: The single flanges sound anemic and the double flanges (I'm using the S-sized ones) hurt after a while and seem to never quite fit perfectly.
I've tried Monster foamies and a bunch of other tips, but most don't even fit properly due to the Klipsch's relatively small nozzle size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back