Foam MOD the RE-ZEROs
Jun 4, 2011 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

psgarcha92

100+ Head-Fier
I just performed the Foam Mod on my RE-ZEROs. Man, these sound a thousand times cleaner. Great great detail on the highs, and what speed.
My setup is as following
Sansa Fuze>Modded L6>Mini^3 Amp>RE-ZEROs.
I can hear the smallest detail here, though there's sibilance. Am also using the Fake Sony eartips from lostearbuds on ebay, and that helps reducing the sibilance.
Anybody else tried the Mod on their RE-ZEROs? U just have to remove the filter and then the foam and put the filter back at place.
Those who tried, please post impressions :)
Regards

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 7
Wow I am still getting acquainted with my recent Re-Zeros. I actually thought about taking that foam out, but 2 things stand in my way of doing it:

1) For me, straight from a Fiio E7, these things already hiss a bit. I don't want to add any more. I don't think it's an amping problem, the E7 drives my 64Ohm SRH750 fine. Maybe I'm not used to IEMs since they are supposed to hiss, but still it's a bit.

2) Taking the filter out will mean having to use a new one, and if I don't like it without the foam, I'll have to use yet another pair =S if anyone knows how to take it off without ruining it, let me know

Anyway, I really want to try this. I know these things are clear, but if I can get more, great!

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Use an Xacto knife or something similar to carefully remove the filters without damaging them.

I tried the foam mod on RE0 and it just made them fatiguing, so I wasn't encouraged to try it with ZERO.  I already disliked ZERO's upper mids peakiness, and removing the foam would certainly not help.

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 7
Removing the foams, helped me a bit.
i had tried it before, and when i placed it again, it was not good at all. the foam was making the sound muddy, so i placed the foam again, and it didnt work. then i went ahead and placed it halfway in the tube of the Housing. it was like half moon in the tube, i dont know u acn picture it or not, but the half moon was the foam, placed like that, and it worked.
but then, i removed the foam all together. it made the vocals/mids a little bit forward/to my liking, and the highs were sharp as i liked in the 0s.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 7
Nope, its not glued to the Nozzle at all. only the filters are glued to the top of the nozzle. Use a sharp Needle/pin with complete care when pulling out the Foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back