FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #376 of 798
ok, fine, a Jotenheim and pair of Edition XS at least for all

that would improve the mood
honestly, koss khp40 with the bundled usb-c or lighting connector with included yaxi pads would be more than enough and a free subscription to tidal or quboz for life. $700 billion usd at most for just that, very attainable imho.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #377 of 798
The blockade it's for agricultural products that come from ukraine, that's my understanding of the situation, but if they have taken the entry ports to poland, maybe nothing it's getting in or out, but of course, I'm not there so I don't really know.
They're blocking everything they can, has nothing to do with agriculture at this point if it ever did. Outside the scope of audio just....can only imagine it's a mess for consumer shipping, trucks are backed up for miles right now. Last I read its a 80-370 hour wait for trucks they do allow through. Oof. :sweat:

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #378 of 798
Flux have probably some Mentors on stock in Poland now, I ordered it 9 days ago, ups picked up the package yesterday in Poland and it will be on Thursday for delivery.. (i live near Poland)

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #379 of 798
After long research and even longer waiting for Schiit MJ3 here in Europe, I'm converting to Mentor. Hopefully, it's not a mistake, I still can't be sure. Both seem to be great, MJ3 might be even stronger in bass, looks like. It's just a feeling and I want to support a company like Flux.

Still trying to decide whether to leave the door open and order it with mono input or not. Most likely I will never need it, but what if I will reach that state and age that I will just feel I need to buy it... It would be cool, I never dare to do monoblocks with my speaker systems.

But maybe at that time, I'll rather want to try a different flavour of headamp rather than the same twice.

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #380 of 798
After long research and even longer waiting for Schiit MJ3 here in Europe, I'm converting to Mentor. Hopefully, it's not a mistake, I still can't be sure. Both seem to be great, MJ3 might be even stronger in bass, looks like. It's just a feeling and I want to support a company like Flux.

Still trying to decide whether to leave the door open and order it with mono input or not. Most likely I will never need it, but what if I will reach that state and age that I will just feel I need to buy it... It would be cool, I never dare to do monoblocks with my speaker systems.

But maybe at that time, I'll rather want to try a different flavour of headamp rather than the same twice.
Hahahaha!!! It's NEVER over.

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #381 of 798

Welcome aboard! Quite a few MJ3 converts in here.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #382 of 798
Welcome aboard! Quite a few MJ3 converts in here.
I'm considering being the next. Lol.
I returned my MJ3 and am thinking about the Mentor. I really like my Audio GD Master 19 though...

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #383 of 798
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #384 of 798
I'm considering being the next. Lol.
I returned my MJ3 and am thinking about the Mentor. I really like my Audio GD Master 19 though...
I bet they are pretty similar. I do think you (and I ) find some enjoyment in "The Hunt".

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #385 of 798
I bet they are pretty similar. I do think you (and I ) find some enjoyment in "The Hunt".
Dude... I agree 100%. When I come home and I see that box in front of my door, it's like Christmas morning. Lol!

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #386 of 798
Just noticed you have the Stealth. How are you liking it with your Mentor?

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #387 of 798
Okay. Never mind. I just realized you don't have it yet.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #388 of 798
Dude... I agree 100%. When I come home and I see that box in front of my door, it's like Christmas morning. Lol!
Yep! And then you love it and then what? Stay off Head-fi lol. Perhaps that'd be the way but I dont wanna.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #389 of 798
Hahahaha!!! It's NEVER over.
For some not :).. but I think I will just close the door. Really, I can't possibly see why I would need two of them at any point of time. It's just tempting but obviously unnecessary.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #390 of 798
Yep! And then you love it and then what? Stay off Head-fi lol. Perhaps that'd be the way but I dont wanna.
Hahahaha! Neither do I. Half the fun is trying something new. I told my buddy the other day that if my new headphone amplifier gives me everything I need, part of me would be a little sad because the "hunt" would be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back