FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Mar 2, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #301 of 876
I don't know about all of you but I would go nuts trying to level match two volume pots if I got a stack of Mentors.
We all absolutely would, but, they assure me it's not a problem- only a potential for color shade differences.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #302 of 876
I don't know about all of you but I would go nuts trying to level match two volume pots if I got a stack of Mentors.
Luckily you don't have to. If connected in a stack they work in a Master Slave conjunction and you only have to use the volume knob of the Master unit

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #303 of 876
Luckily you don't have to. If connected in a stack they work in a Master Slave conjunction and you only have to use the volume knob of the Master unit
Ooooooooh...🤔

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #304 of 876
Mar 2, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #306 of 876
If you search this thread and go a couple of pages back you will find me quoting the official Flux response about volume matching two Mentors. You don't have to do anything. They are automatically matched. Simple.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #307 of 876
Insanity. Lol.
It's like a mini nuclear reactor for your headphones.
One must take extreme care with such power
image_2024-03-02_145136580.png

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #308 of 876
One must take extreme care with such power image_2024-03-02_145136580.png
😆
If you search this thread and go a couple of pages back you will find me quoting the official Flux response about volume matching two Mentors. You don't have to do anything. They are automatically matched. Simple.
Thanks.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #309 of 876
Well, it’s either buying another ZMF headphone or just buy the Flux while awaiting my Tungsten. So I ended up just getting the Flux as I realized I ran out of room on the shelf for headphone stands. I may just pre amp the MJ3 to Flux if I wanted the MJ3 timbre sound.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #310 of 876
Well, it’s either buying another ZMF headphone or just buy the Flux while awaiting my Tungsten. So I ended up just getting the Flux as I realized I ran out of room on the shelf for headphone stands. I may just pre amp the MJ3 to Flux if I wanted the MJ3 timbre sound.
that would be a proper pre-amp

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #311 of 876
In my opinion, this would be an unnecessary increase in the audio path stages and would reduce transparency. Plus adding another volume control to the circuit. In MJ3 it is not very high-level and is based on a simple Alps potentiometer, which is bound to introduce some more turbidity, especially at low volume levels.

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #312 of 876
In my opinion, this would be an unnecessary increase in the audio path stages and would reduce transparency. Plus adding another volume control to the circuit. In MJ3 it is not very high-level and is based on a simple Alps potentiometer, which is bound to introduce some more turbidity, especially at low volume levels.
It depends on what I want out of the sounds. MJ3 by itself is already very resolving, but sometimes I want a different flavor to my sound. So then I preamp from another amp to the MJ3. Like the Jot2 gives the MJ3 an extra bass slam and energy to its sound. The Jot2 is very clear but analytical, but it becomes more smooth when I preamp it with the Magni Unity. Now I got Lyr and doing a bit of mild tube rolling so the preamp/amp combos with different headphones will keep me busy.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #313 of 876
My order is in, Guys.
Titanium Grey with upgraded power cable and with the mono input. Paying that extra $80 for the mono input so I have some skin in the game and will want to finish the stack LMAO.
I think it's worth it if you ever want to upgrade it to the double stack, wise choice my friend and congratz again, hope you get to enjoy them soon, and I'm going to demand some impressions and comparisons!!!!

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #314 of 876
Excellent but also racist this master-slave thing with the mentor.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #315 of 876

Users who are viewing this thread

Back