FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Mar 2, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #286 of 999
just Tijuana and Juarez. I want to go to Tulum.
I'm only a few hours away from Juarez. Tulum it's probably going to be a more pleasant experience if you decide to go and visit there, I would also recommend Mexico City.

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #287 of 999
Hopefully more impressions on the Flux Mentor will be coming. Too bad it doesn’t have a preamp. The lack of preamp makes it less desirable for me with my tendency to play Frankenstein with my chain.

Based on one of threads talking about Flux amp, rumors have it that they are planning for an amp that is darker and more mid focused after the Mentor. Here’s hoping it’ll have preamp…

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #288 of 999
Hopefully more impressions on the Flux Mentor will be coming. Too bad it doesn’t have a preamp. The lack of preamp makes it less desirable for me with my tendency to play Frankenstein with my chain.

Based on one of threads talking about Flux amp, rumors have it that they are planning for an amp that is darker and more mid focused after the Mentor. Here’s hoping it’ll have preamp…
Not so much of a problem for me if I put the mentor at the end of my chain and I pre-amp it with my S17, probably complete heresy, but it could be a match made in heaven.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #289 of 999
Not so much of a problem for me if I put the mentor at the end of my chain and I pre-amp it with my S17, probably complete heresy, but it could be a match made in heaven.
It's an end game amp for me- and this is the first time I've ever said such a thing. But especially as a stack it's endgame. Shouldnt be a need in the world for a pre-amp with the stack.

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #290 of 999
My order is in, Guys.
Titanium Grey with upgraded power cable and with the mono input. Paying that extra $80 for the mono input so I have some skin in the game and will want to finish the stack LMAO.

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #291 of 999
My order is in, Guys.
Titanium Grey with upgraded power cable and with the mono input. Paying that extra $80 for the mono input so I have some skin in the game and will want to finish the stack LMAO.
Congrats :thumbsup:, I ordered one without mono input, unfortunatelly I need to protect my wallet for future..

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #292 of 999
My order is in, Guys.
Sweet.
Did I read somewhere that if you want to have two units then it should be done at the time of purchase because they have to match them? Did I read that incorrectly?

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #293 of 999
It's an end game amp for me- and this is the first time I've ever said such a thing. But especially as a stack it's endgame. Shouldnt be a need in the world for a pre-amp with the stack.
That's until you discover tubes :wink:

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #294 of 999
That's until you discover tubes :wink:
I never said I won't also need an endgame tube rig :wink:
Problem is Ive heard Felix Envy and now thats the tube amp i want lol. Pricey af and then one starts to dream about 1950s 300B tubes and what-not lol.
Talk about Audio Nervosa- tubes can get insanity inducing.
For awhile there I really wanted an Enleum Amp-23r but I think Ive matched or bested it with Mentor, for about 1/3rd of the cost.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #295 of 999
Congrats :thumbsup:, I ordered one without mono input, unfortunatelly I need to protect my wallet for future..
also a smart thought :wink: It's nice to have the option.
Seriously doubt we'll ever NEED a second one.. but ya know how that goes.

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #296 of 999
Sweet.
Did I read somewhere that if you want to have two units then it should be done at the time of purchase because they have to match them? Did I read that incorrectly?
I said that last week based on the warning on Flux's website. But they clarified it in an email that volume matching wont be a problem, only a potential difference in the shade of Titanium grey. I guess I could have played that safer and ordered black, but, i intend to pair this with a silver Yggy (or possibly a silver Pontius 12th-1).
Hopefully shades wont be too far off if at all.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #297 of 999
I never said I won't also need an endgame tube rig :wink:
Problem is Ive heard Felix Envy and now thats the tube amp i want lol. Pricey af and then one starts to dream about 1950s 300B tubes and what-not lol.
Talk about Audio Nervosa- tubes can get insanity inducing.
For awhile there I really wanted an Enleum Amp-23r but I think Ive matched or bested it with Mentor, for half at 1/3rd of the cost.
For what it's worth. The Envy is truly endgame. Expensive, but I still encourage you to get one.

For 300B you want to aim for Elrog TM-300B, they cost about triple of regular Elrogs but are apparently the best 300B ever created. (That includes all vintage ones)

If you weren't living on another continent, I'd sell you my own Envy, since I'm upgrading to the Anniversary Edition

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #298 of 999
For what it's worth. The Envy is truly endgame. Expensive, but I still encourage you to get one.

For 300B you want to aim for Elrog TM-300B, they cost about triple of regular Elrogs but are apparently the best 300B ever created. (That includes all vintage ones)

If you weren't living on another continent, I'd sell you my own Envy, since I'm upgrading to the Anniversary Edition
ooooh, grats Bro. Good info and thanks for making me feign for a tube amp the day I ordered a Mentor lololol

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #299 of 999
ooooh, grats Bro. Good info and thanks for making me feign for a tube amp the day I ordered a Mentor lololol
That's what I'm here for😎
You're welcome

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #300 of 999
I don't know about all of you but I would go nuts trying to level match two volume pots if I got a stack of Mentors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back