FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Apr 23, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #736 of 876
They've been really helpful by email, I'll see if I can follow up on the pricing, cable, and remote questions.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #737 of 876
I noticed Mentor gets very slightly warm even if turned off but still connected to the electricity socket. Do you keep it like this or do you unplug the power cable if not used for few days?
I’m asking because I have experience when my solid state class A power amplifier consumes 50W per hour even if turned off but still connected to the socket :D. So i need to unplug it if not used for some time (to save some money for electricity if nothing else).

I would guess Mentor takes just few watts in worst case even if it is also class A, but not entirely sure about that.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #738 of 876
I don’t see an upgraded cable option for the US.
It just got added.
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 5.03.18 PM.png

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #739 of 876
It just got added.
Cool, they got my email! :dt880smile:

In fact, I just checked my inbox just now and got their response:

"sorry for any misunderstandings, we are currently working on price lists and product variations. Perhaps you got there right at the moment of editing the product page. The cost of the amplifier has not changed; only the option of a plastic remote control has been added. The cable with US plug is only available in rhodium plated version. If you still have questions, we will be happy to answer them.

Best regards, Flux Lab Team"

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #745 of 876
Awesome news guys, welcome to the Mentor gang.

@Mezeamp990 it takes about 3 to 4 days to make it across Ukraine to Warsaw Poland and then about 2 more days from there. So right around a week.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #748 of 876
$120 shipping, $65 PayPal plus 20% import tax ($260). That $1300 quickly becomes $1745. Hmm.
Import tax? Hmm. didnt have to pay that . UK has to pay that even being in Europe but we dont in N America?

Oooohhh, wait, Brexit. Brexit was such a mistake.

All that said the amp is worth $1700 compared to any of it's competitors. But yeah the shipping is high and so is the fee.
Paypal i cant explain for sure but seems like they are just trying to cover for potential issues coming out of Eastern Europe.
The shipping while high makes sense when you consider it has to go by truck across a warzone then goes air mail.
Both are a bummer but I can say it's still worth it.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #749 of 876
Import tax? Hmm. didnt have to pay that . UK has to pay that even being in Europe but we dont in N America?

Oooohhh, wait, Brexit. Brexit was such a mistake.

All that said the amp is worth $1700 compared to any of it's competitors. But yeah the shipping is high and so is the fee.
Paypal i cant explain for sure but seems like they are just trying to cover for potential issues coming out of Eastern Europe.
The shipping while high makes sense when you consider it has to go by truck across a warzone then goes air mail.
Both are a bummer but I can say it's still worth it.
In the UK I am most likely required to pay import tax.

On a different note, does anyone have a clue how many amps they offer in this batch?

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #750 of 876
I'll be impressed if the Mentor can get to me here in the States in a week. Looking forward to it.

Also, I have been heavily researching solid state amps for months and months. I had so many on my list and kept researching, reading numerous threads, messaging with owners, Head-Fi local meets, and YouTube vids. This amp came out as my #1 choice, based on price and reviews. This will be my first (and possibly last) solid state amp.

Now, I'll just need a Norne cable (or similar) for my Abyss 1266! Endgame is here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back