Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #2,536 of 2,598
Do you think the fa-10 has enough power to fully drive HE-6?
Oh yeah. No question. I like it so much with my HE-6 that I bought the LE.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #2,537 of 2,598
I don't own an FA-10, but I do own an HE6se v2 and an Emotiva BasX A2m, which is good for 8WPC into 50 ohms, and I can confirm that's PLENTY of juice. I suspect twice as much like the FA-10 is specced to provide will also suffice, lol

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #2,538 of 2,598
I have both. It does, but expect a Treble late air brightness that will need to be EQ down. Unless you use an r-2r source.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #2,539 of 2,598
It's so funny this hobby sometimes.

I bought this FA 10 to use with my HE 6SE and it's one of the few headphones I really just don't like with this amp.

I still am in the camp that neutral or slightly warm works amazing with the FA 10. HD 600 sounds simply fantastic. All day, any day I'd recommend that combo. I just picked up an Ibasso SR-2 which I felt is a bit reserved off my Deckard. The FA 10 brings them alive, fantastic match. My Ultrasone signature naturals just pop on the FA-10, they sound so good. Even my Sivga SV021 - the 10 excites them and makes them sound better than ever.

This amp adds energy all over. It wakes up the drivers and adds that pop to a headphone that is more relaxed.

But the HE6SE? It's too much on the FA 10. It's too bright, overkill, for me.

The deckard is the answer for the 6SE IMO. Rounds off that top of it just right, pulling out the fatigue. I love the combo with Deckard. I also really enjoy Deckard with HE-500. The Hifiman's have what can be an aggressive top and I just find the Deckard suits them just right in controlling it.

So yeah, I bought the FA-10 for 6SE but thats one of the few I think it does not work for... to me this gives very clear evidence of synergy and exactly how much the chain can matter and the effect the amp can have in that chain.

I'd sell off the 6SE if I only had FA-10. I'd say it's an overly bright headphone, I would not see the appeal. But no - it's beautiful sounding you just have to match it right.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #2,540 of 2,598
It's so funny this hobby sometimes.

I bought this FA 10 to use with my HE 6SE and it's one of the few headphones I really just don't like with this amp.

I still am in the camp that neutral or slightly warm works amazing with the FA 10. HD 600 sounds simply fantastic. All day, any day I'd recommend that combo. I just picked up an Ibasso SR-2 which I felt is a bit reserved off my Deckard. The FA 10 brings them alive, fantastic match. My Ultrasone signature naturals just pop on the FA-10, they sound so good. Even my Sivga SV021 - the 10 excites them and makes them sound better than ever.

This amp adds energy all over. It wakes up the drivers and adds that pop to a headphone that is more relaxed.

But the HE6SE? It's too much on the FA 10. It's too bright, overkill, for me.

The deckard is the answer for the 6SE IMO. Rounds off that top of it just right, pulling out the fatigue. I love the combo with Deckard. I also really enjoy Deckard with HE-500. The Hifiman's have what can be an aggressive top and I just find the Deckard suits them just right in controlling it.

So yeah, I bought the FA-10 for 6SE but thats one of the few I think it does not work for... to me this gives very clear evidence of synergy and exactly how much the chain can matter and the effect the amp can have in that chain.

I'd sell off the 6SE if I only had FA-10. I'd say it's an overly bright headphone, I would not see the appeal. But no - it's beautiful sounding you just have to match it right.
I had this problem too then I found out about stuck drivers on the HE6SE V2 is common, and sure enough mine looked like the pic with the drivers stuck to the magnets. I hope this is not you`re problem but you can use google for the info and pics to see.

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #2,541 of 2,598
No, it sounds fantastic on my Audeze Deckard to me. It's just the pairing I don't like, comes off too bright and strident for me with the 10.

Literally - I find my Deckard and Flux to be polar opposite amps - the Deckard mellows out a H/P while the Flux excites it.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #2,542 of 2,598
I take it back - hahahaha.

Been listening more on the HE6SE V2 and it's working tonight for me. Still a bright leaning match but damn if it isn't impressive.

This FA-10 is a monster for dynamics and power - incredible amp and I couldn't choose a better compliment to my Deckard.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #2,544 of 2,598
Are these still in production?
Their page still shows some product as available, you'd have to try ordering one or emailing them to check.

I got one of their FA-10 "Limited" in January, I'm pretty pleased with it. Overall it sounds quite good, and seems to pair well with most headphones I've tried with it. It's great with Focal Clear, Rosson RAD-0, and ZMF Atrium.

Things were insanely difficult in January, I can't imagine what it's like now in Ukraine...

If you do order one be prepared to wait a bit. All shipments have to get trucked to Poland, and depart from Warsaw via UPS air.

https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #2,549 of 2,598
Anyone wants to sell their FA-10 pro ?
No FA-10 Pro, but I do have the FA-10 "Limited" I'd consider selling.

It was available for about 3 weeks in January, and then sold out. It was very, well, limited production! Check back in this thread during that time frame, Vitalii (I think) wrote an extensive description of it back then, and you can read about it here also:
https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/produ...ute_pa_voltage=us-115v&attribute_plug-type=US

The only reason I'm thinking of selling is that I bought another amp, and this will be redundant at that point.

I enjoy it quite a bit, it does a lot of things well and pairs very nicely with Focal Clears, ZMF Atrium, and Rosson RAD-0 among others. I use a Schiit Yggy OG for DAC.

It's time to clear out some gear!

If you or anyone else is interested let me know.:)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #2,550 of 2,598
well, limited production! Check back in this thread during that time frame, Vitalii (I think) wro

No FA-10 Pro, but I do have the FA-10 "Limited" I'd consider selling.

It was available for about 3 weeks in January, and then sold out. It was very, well, limited production! Check back in this thread during that time frame, Vitalii (I think) wrote an extensive description of it back then, and you can read about it here also:
https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/produ...ute_pa_voltage=us-115v&attribute_plug-type=US

The only reason I'm thinking of selling is that I bought another amp, and this will be redundant at that point.

I enjoy it quite a bit, it does a lot of things well and pairs very nicely with Focal Clears, ZMF Atrium, and Rosson RAD-0 among others. I use a Schiit Yggy OG for DAC.

It's time to clear out some gear!

If you or anyone else is interested let me know.:)
hey man sent you an inbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back