Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jul 27, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #2,341 of 2,598
Wierd observation, the bass and treble is smoother out of my FluxLab Fa-10 amp from the Single-ended 6.3mm output jack.

The Single-ended jack has the same gain as the XLR jack. How is it that they sound so different?

The topology is single-ended inside. As for the inputs doesn't matter if I use the back XLR or the RCAs.

The Single-ended 6.3mm jack has significantly less of a bad "shine" feeling to it. Way better to use the 6.3mm jack for my HE6.
"Weird" indeed. When I had the FA-10 my experience was the direct opposite of yours. I hated using the SE output for anything because it sounded relatively inferior to me driving the Susvara or He6SEv2. I do not want to speculate on what the reasons were, since they could have been located somewhere else in the chain for all I know, and impacting the FA-10 from outside (or inside it, maybe?). I just rocked out on the 4-pin XLR output for the duration of my ownership until I resold it, and had a blast every minute of it :relaxed: :relaxed:

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #2,343 of 2,598
Well I just heard back from Sandu @ SoundNews about the current status of FLA and here is the reply.
"Hello, sorry for my late reply, I just saw it. He and his entire family (including three kids) were supposed to live at my place for a while, but they decided moving to Germany, as his kids are still doing school and they already have basic knowledge of the German language. I've met Vitaly at Munich High End Show 2022, we talked in advance that we would meet there. He is good, his family is safe, but Flux Labs sadly is no more..."
Glad to hear everyone is ok but I`m very sad to hear FLA will not continue making these amazing products. Best wishes to Vitaly and the team for their future endeavors.

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #2,344 of 2,598
Well I just heard back from Sandu @ SoundNews about the current status of FLA and here is the reply.
"Hello, sorry for my late reply, I just saw it. He and his entire family (including three kids) were supposed to live at my place for a while, but they decided moving to Germany, as his kids are still doing school and they already have basic knowledge of the German language. I've met Vitaly at Munich High End Show 2022, we talked in advance that we would meet there. He is good, his family is safe, but Flux Labs sadly is no more..."
Glad to hear everyone is ok but I`m very sad to hear FLA will not continue making these amazing products. Best wishes to Vitaly and the team for their future endeavors.
It is very unexpected to hear this, but I would like to clarify the information from the original source. My name is Sergei and I am the founder of Flux Lab. Our company, despite the difficult times, does not plan to close in any case. On the contrary, we hope to introduce a new line of devices in the near future. Of course, now it is very difficult to talk about the prospects, because our city is front-line. As for Vitaly, he is our best manager and we really hope that he will be able to join our team later. For all your questions, you can contact us via the official email. Thank you all very much for your support. We will definitely see you again!

Jul 31, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #2,346 of 2,598
It is very unexpected to hear this, but I would like to clarify the information from the original source. My name is Sergei and I am the founder of Flux Lab. Our company, despite the difficult times, does not plan to close in any case. On the contrary, we hope to introduce a new line of devices in the near future. Of course, now it is very difficult to talk about the prospects, because our city is front-line. As for Vitaly, he is our best manager and we really hope that he will be able to join our team later. For all your questions, you can contact us via the official email. Thank you all very much for your support. We will definitely see you again!
I have your FA-10 and like it, best of the luck for you and your team.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #2,348 of 2,598
I guess I wasn't very clear from the start and it somehow got messy. I didn't mean that Flux Labs is no more never to return back, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I only meant that they are taking a pause until things will get back on track. Of course they will be back at some point, crafting and selling new products. Apologies for the confusion :pray:

Sergei, I'm sorry for the confusion, it was a fast reply and people confused it. See my above reply. I'm looking forward to the day when FLA will be back in the business, so I can write and film about your wonderful units once again and I hope that will happen sooner rather than later.

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #2,349 of 2,598
Sergei, I'm sorry for the confusion, it was a fast reply and people confused it. See my above reply. I'm looking forward to the day when FLA will be back in the business, so I can write and film about your wonderful units once again and I hope that will happen sooner rather than later.
Sandu, everything is fine, there are no offenses! But to learn about such "news" for me was complete surrealism :) Despite the fact that our city is being destroyed by the invader every day, in any case we do not lose heart and look to the future. See you!

Aug 24, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #2,351 of 2,598
Dear Sergei, I own the VOLOT and love it. Please do not give up! Ordered mine directly from Vitaly as soon as I watched Sandu's review on Soundnews. Arrived on December last year and although I already have/had great amps, the VOLOT has been my endgame amp. Best to you all.
Yea, but normal people cannot afford. Also, the amp is too big.

Sep 1, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #2,352 of 2,598
And…???
depends where your « normality« is situated ?
since the beginning I started to read this thread you’re always pointing about prices and if people are rich enough or sold a kidney, insurance or car to afford it as well and you seem to have a big problem about that
though the range of these amps are not very or so high in the market even the Volot
you know Nick some people - in fact a large majority in the world I think and hope so - are working to earn money and quite enough to live and spend some in their leisure so do they and some people earn more and are rich and some earn less and are not : what’s the matter ?
but that said let’s rather talk and read about impressions of sound and capabilities and headphones pairings of these wonderful amps that is imho much much interesting
for I just received my FA-10 few days ago to match with my HE6SE, just discover it and not disappointed at all for the moment and thanks to all of you for this thread was very, very useful and helpful to me
cheers

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #2,353 of 2,598
I found the FA-10 is fully representative of air-treble frequencies. That a lot of planars have an emphasis for. It takes manipulating the DAC with "fast" filters or applying a lowering post-10kHz EQ compensate for when using most planars.

Or maybe just finding a DAC that is innately a step dark for the FA-10 when pairing for planars.

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #2,354 of 2,598
For right now I just plugged my DAPs directly as sources as I wanted a compact set for my nightstand
I will go further later with a DAC I am also checking for a best pairing and still read advices in this thread

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #2,355 of 2,598
Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back