Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #2,356 of 2,598
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #2,357 of 2,598
Looks like a Quloos desktop replacement dap. I always been curious of that.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #2,358 of 2,598
From your picture it is not clear, may I ask what is the DAC you are using for this setup?
None : just said above, I’m using directly either my Shanling M8 or Questyle QPM as sources connected to the FA-10
Looks like a Quloos desktop replacement dap. I always been curious of that.
You are just right : a QLS QA390 but not connected to the FA-10

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,359 of 2,598
Hi all, this is my volume knob friction hack for my aftermarket volume knob.
  • 3/8 medium duty felt pad cut in half
  • Apply felt pad to faceplate behind the volume knob
  • Installing volume knob, apply pressure on the center of the knob to the felt pads
  • Tighten knob with allen key
Much better now for adjusting small volume increments.

1662057798271.png

1662057832731.png

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #2,361 of 2,598
Isn't it a relay steps volume adjustment implementation? Are there small adjustments between the r-2r clicks? Or that only in the FA-10?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #2,362 of 2,598
Isn't it a relay steps volume adjustment implementation? Are there small adjustments between the r-2r clicks? Or that only in the FA-10?
Yes, the FA-12 have the relay volume control attenuator. The problem I had was the rotary resistance is extraordinarily low and I had a hard time adjusting the volume smoothly up or down 1 - 5 decibels at a certain point on the dial. With small adjustment between relays the volume quickly jumps up 10 dB and back down. This was happening to me on medium gain at 12 o'clock on the knob. I speculate that my human touch is twitchy, and the low rotary resistance knob translated that information. To alleviate that, the felt pads smoothed out the adjustment. It seems to be working and I haven't heard volume twitch so far.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #2,365 of 2,598
I dont know if you guys saw this at CanJam California 2022, but it seems the META stack for the Fluxlab FA-10 is to be chained with a Soekris dac2541.

Ultimately the Fluxlab FA-10 amps are brighter amps, and this Soekris DAC gives just the right compensation for that brightness.

IMG_4442-1.jpg

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #2,367 of 2,598
Yes, the FA-12 have the relay volume control attenuator. The problem I had was the rotary resistance is extraordinarily low and I had a hard time adjusting the volume smoothly up or down 1 - 5 decibels at a certain point on the dial. With small adjustment between relays the volume quickly jumps up 10 dB and back down. This was happening to me on medium gain at 12 o'clock on the knob. I speculate that my human touch is twitchy, and the low rotary resistance knob translated that information. To alleviate that, the felt pads smoothed out the adjustment. It seems to be working and I haven't heard volume twitch so far.
Keep in mind that part of the issue is how the volume control is implemented on Flux amps

In short the volume gain is not linear. Up to 12 o’clock it ramps up slowly in small increments and then ramps up more quickly as you go past 12

Sep 21, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #2,368 of 2,598
Keep in mind that part of the issue is how the volume control is implemented on Flux amps

In short the volume gain is not linear. Up to 12 o’clock it ramps up slowly in small increments and then ramps up more quickly as you go past 12
Hi, thanks for your feedback.

I don't have an issue with the slow and quick volume ramp up. My issue was the very loose resistance with the volume knob. My mod fixed my dilemma, and the unit no longer suffers from quick jumps in volume when doing small incremental changes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back