Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jun 5, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #2,311 of 2,598
Paused Anchorman for little listen with FA-12 and 1266 TC and boy the sound quality is awesome for EDM. I've owned many solid state amps and tube amps to compare with and this one is good enough. If you buy 1266 TC well worth it.

Jun 14, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #2,312 of 2,598
What's actually going on at the manufacturer's site?
All headphone amps out of stock?!

Jun 14, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #2,313 of 2,598
What's actually going on at the manufacturer's site?
All headphone amps out of stock?!

An entire war.....silly. 😅

(they are a company in Ukraine)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #2,314 of 2,598
Damn.
Just read it on "about us"....

I hate Wladimir so much...

Jun 14, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #2,315 of 2,598
Does anyone happen to still have an FA-10 lying around?😬

Jun 14, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #2,316 of 2,598
Bryston BHA-1 & FluxLab Fa-10 A/B'd. Both big boys. Using my Ibasso dap's balanced line-out to keep things simple (using a 4.4BAL to dual XLR cable) . HE6 being used.

Bryston BHA-1 has a kind of more burst-like emphasis to the tonality in the lower-mids. While the FluxLab Fa-10 has some kind of emphasis feeling to the upper-mids, that is less forgiving.

You feel relatively, there is honkiness and much more treble crispiness (especially in cymbals) from the FluxLab Fa-10, relative to the euphonic-lower mids burst feeling of the BHA-1.
The honkiness to vocals is more on the FA-10

Something 1kHz and up for FluxLab Fa-10. If you headphone has a higher-noted ringing problem, this amp won't forgive it. But your brain burn-in covers for it eventually cause it isn't exaggerating it extra either.

Something 300Hz-1000Hz for the Bryston BHA-1, has a less null-void background. And will give a kind of analog feeling. Lower parts of vocals & notes, seem to burst out like they are being suppressed and then intensely burst out (but not sharply)....it's kind of unique & uncanny. But I think I like it.

Interesting how they are different presentation tilts centered around things about 1kHz.

20220613_175606.jpg

20220613_175852.jpg

Attachments

• 20220612_115047.jpg
    20220612_115047.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #2,317 of 2,598
I have the HE6SE V2, and basically work with the Harman target as a starting point, and then personalize the FR.
Therefore, such possible "phenomena" of an amplifier, are not significant.

Jun 14, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,319 of 2,598
Hi what is the meaning of Organic ?

For me, my subjective definition, there are completely unforgiving cold-nuetral sources. Where it presentd upper-mids/lower-treble notes that feel less tolerable/ give a sense of crunch to notes.

Then there are sources that rounded-out this trend feeling a step....tat I would describe as organic-nuetral.

Then after this there are "warm" sources that go all out trying to get a niche presentation on the mids and bass. Pushing things forward, or have less a dark background with some euphonic old-school analog feeling to it.

Cold nuetral---Organic nuetral----------------the Warmer/drier stuff

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #2,320 of 2,598
For me, my subjective definition, there are completely unforgiving cold-nuetral sources. Where it presentd upper-mids/lower-treble notes that feel less give a sense of crunch to notes.

Then there are sources that rounded-out this trend feeling a step....tat I would describe as organic-nuetral.

Then after this there are "warm" sources that go all out trying to get a niche presentation on the mids and bass. Pushing things forward, or have less a dark background with some euphonic old-school analog feeling to it.

Cold nuetral---Organic nuetral----------------the Warmer/drier stuff
The only thing that make sense is cold, neutral, warm and dry. Then what is euphonic ?

Jun 14, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #2,321 of 2,598
The only thing that make sense is cold, neutral, warm and dry. Then what is euphonic ?

Euphonic is generally a bad thing.

But it helps and depends alot on the context scenario "big-picture goal" & what people are saying in the actual sentence they are saying.

But there are people that do indeed like it. It helps them achieve the end-goal sound they had in their mind. Or just find it as a different experience to take a break with.

That said.....how would I describe the sound:

Definition by "feelings":
Something that doesn't feel clean as pertains to the digital age. Something that feels old. Or gives a sense of a live venue where there is no sense of silence.

If I wanted to point out something specific:
Something that diffuses the imaging and melds things together with an almost crossfeed-like end-result. Image-seperation that was so extremely far seperated in a stereo-sense that you get an uncanny valley feeling of how far away they are from each other....gets a feeling of being closer & working-together......or if written in a negative-way/or implemented badly...makes things hazy.

Less a studio recording with sharp popping clearly-defined instruments popping out around you, and more a live staging with you standing in-front of the action.

Wow, I just wrote alot of BS. haha

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #2,322 of 2,598
Euphonic is generally a bad thing.

But it helps and depends alot on the context scenario "big-picture goal" & what people are saying in the actual sentence they are saying.

But there are people that do indeed like it. It helps them achieve the end-goal sound they had in their mind. Or just find it as a different experience to take a break with.

That said.....how would I describe the sound:

Definition by "feelings":
Something that doesn't feel clean as pertains to the digital age. Something that feels old. Or gives a sense of a live venue where there is no sense of silence.

If I wanted to point out something specific:
Something that diffuses the imaging and melds things together with an almost crossfeed-like end-result. Image-seperation that was so extremely far seperated in a stereo-sense that you get an uncanny valley feeling of how far away they are from each other....gets a feeling of being closer & working-together......or if written in a negative-way/or implemented badly...makes things hazy.

Less a studio recording with sharp popping clearly-defined instruments popping out around you, and more a live staging with you standing in-front of the action.

Wow, I just wrote alot of BS. haha
Its ok. At least I somewhat I understand. Sometimes most terms are vague.

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #2,324 of 2,598
iFi Gryphon xBass w/ my more nuetral FluxLab Fa-10 amp seems to be a good combo .

IEMatch off. xBass on. xSpace off. Presence-mode Off. Filter-Standard.
At lower volumes, the Presence-mode On helps.

Wierd combo, but it works. o.O;
xBass gives the FA-10 the bass-slam its missing.

Still the DC2/BHA-1 is a more "organic" sounding combo though.

I am going to guess the iFi desktop iDSD would work out well with the FluxLab Fa-10. May even be a meta-combo.

Though, probably the older desktop iFi Pro iDSD ones & not the Signature. In case the Signature newer versions have more treble-presence/crispiness. FluxLab Fa-10 needs a darker source in terms last-octave treble synnergy/compensation.

20220616_185917.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #2,325 of 2,598
Okay, I am going through a honeymoon phase. haha

The FluxLab Fa-10 w/ the iFi Gryphon is a seriously extremely synnergizing combo. It would be a shame not to try this if you can do it. Don't underestimate the combo due to the Gryphon being a portable device.

Wow.

You will need a 4.4mm to dual-XLR cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back