Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Feb 1, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #2,206 of 2,598
Feb 1, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #2,208 of 2,598
Why all the talk of modding the amp when you haven't even heard it yet? Just enjoy it.
I just got curious as it came up when I was comparing all the different models. I certainly don't intend to mod it within the first few months, if not the first year, of usage.

The thing is though, with these mods, if people want to perform them years down the line, the inventor of the mod may not be available for contact, or the details may have been forgotten. Since there are several members talking about this mod in the thread, I think it's nice to have the specifics of the mod in the thread as well, so it will never get lost.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #2,209 of 2,598
Just curious, what would be the cost of parts and labor associated with doing the mod?

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #2,210 of 2,598
It seems that the lead time for Flux is longer now. I was told the lead time will be 15 working days but my order on 1/7 is still in processing.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #2,211 of 2,598
It seems that the lead time for Flux is longer now. I was told the lead time will be 15 working days but my order on 1/7 is still in processing.
I waited for over 2 months for the FA-12 and Volot, but these units were worth waiting for.
Just relax and enjoy the audio toys you already have :wink:

1643950052600.gif

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #2,213 of 2,598
Speaking of the FA-12, I just noticed the technical specs are slightly different from the FA-10. In particular the balanced input impedance is very different, 20K Ohm balanced for the FA-12 and 3K Ohm for the FA-10. This can potentially have an impact using sources with high impedance output, like Denafrips DACs. I'm wondering what the difference is due to.

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #2,214 of 2,598
I waited for over 2 months for the FA-12 and Volot, but these units were worth waiting for.
Just relax and enjoy the audio toys you already have :wink:

You got both of those units?! That's amazing. Would love to hear more about your experience with the two.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #2,215 of 2,598
You got both of those units?! That's amazing. Would love to hear more about your experience with the two.
I already shared my impressions in the Volot thread :wink:

I couldn't make myself to put the FA-12 up for sale because I still like it a lot. The Volot is a power monster amp with huge and 3-dimensional soundstage, it sounds very transparent, detailed, and uncolored. IMO the FA-12 is slightly more musical and energetic. I highly recommend both these amps.

Feb 6, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #2,216 of 2,598
Hi guys. I didn't post for a while here.. been busy with irl.

Actually i own fa-12 and lcdx. Feeding the fa12 from a d90(AKM version).
Recently i purchased a denafrips pontus 2 (will arrive in like a week or so), but I rly didn't look up at the impedances output and input of the both. I don't rly know how this works either. Will these two pair good?

Thanks in advance

Edit: answer from Vitaliy:

In the case of the FA-12, there is nothing to worry about, since the input impedance of the amplifier is high enough to work seamlessly with the specified DAC. The FA-12 is recommended to be used exclusively with an XLR connection.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #2,217 of 2,598
Hello... I am recently thinking in upgrading my audeze lcdx.
I know it's a matter of taste. But what could be a reasonable jump from the audeze lcdx?
I love the bass and treable they provide but I find them a bit lacking in resolution and soundstage.
What would be your council guys/girls?

Cheers

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #2,218 of 2,598
Hello... I am recently thinking in upgrading my audeze lcdx.
I know it's a matter of taste. But what could be a reasonable jump from the audeze lcdx?
I love the bass and treable they provide but I find them a bit lacking in resolution and soundstage.
What would be your council guys/girls?

Cheers
• In post #2,088 of this thread, I advised that you go for the Ares II DAC. You have gone one better!: the Pontus II. Before you ‘ditch’ the LCD-X, give them some serious listening time with the Pontus II in the system. You may (will) find that your concerns over resolution & soundstage disappear. If you can, try different h/p cable.
• When I am listening to my LCD-X (2016, no EQ), the DAC is Mojo Audio Mystique (NOS / R2R) and the h/p cable is Forza Noir Hybrid. Guess what? To my ears, the resolution & soundstage are immense: especially via the Flux Labs FA-22 ! This is a system that is close to yours.
• Listen awhile then decide.

Feb 10, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #2,220 of 2,598
My order status is finally changed to completed. However, still no email received or USP Express tracking info post. I guess that's the issue with small company, the package will unexpectedly arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back